tukoztukoz

AZG sold recently on Reverb

Post by tukoztukoz »

say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: AZG sold recently on Reverb

Post by Genebaby »

One of the stolen 4. The only quality guitars Vinnie ever had to sell.

It would be good if they could all be recovered and returned to Rebecca Palecki.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Craig probably spent $9,000 or $10,000 on the guitar and sold it on Reverb for $4,000 - Yikes!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Beat me to it, Kev!

I think it was closer to $8000 but yes, still took a decent hit when selling it.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

These are superb quality handmade instruments. Pity they and thier creator don't get the respect they deserved.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I wonder if he paid something for it…
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Who are you wondering about?
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Just thinking: maybe Craig didn’t spend any money for that guitar, VV gave it to him. That would make more sense.
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh, I would say it's a farily safe bet that Vinnie didn't give that guitar away! Unless he was in love with Craig and wanted to marry him type of thing? Otherwise, no, Craig bought it from Vinnie as Vinnie sold the other stolen guitars over the years.
ankh

Post by ankh »

“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Got it!
The new buyer made a good deal.
say two sky two say fare
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Unbelievable that he continues to pull this kind of shit

Beautiful Guitar

RIP Tom Palecki
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It wasn't stolen????

I see this guy buys and flips guitars a lot but he does not know the real story behind these guitars.

The fact that he knows it's been stolen, but dismisses it all, that is crazy.

These guitars belong to Rebecca now, nobody else.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Toddzilla.

Chris C is friends with him. He's a well known Nashville musician. He has a slew of Nuno models.

I will hazard a guess and say Todd is covering his ass by saying it wasn't stolen. Why clearly state it wasn't paid for in the video header & say it in the video as well? ;) ;) ;)

Sadly, Tom P isn't around to confirm this but I'm sure Rebecca could.

I'd guess she'd never want to see those guitars again, tbh.

Tom made five Vees for Vinnie....none were paid for.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Tom would have claimed the loss on his taxes if that's how it went down and I'm sure would have let the whole thing go.

Sucks that he would have to carry the loss for a year but would he have been all square at the end. It's 12 years ago, so why worry about it now.

Obviously no ill will towards Todd as he is the second owner paying owner and I hope he enjoys it as much as his rare Washburn 4Ns & N4s!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Well....it's up for sale on eBay now.

Weirdly, the signature to Craig is still on the eBay ad, yet in the Toddzilla video, the signature has been removed?

Well I just went to link the eBay sale and it says "It's ended'!

0 bids. Someone trying to pass a Chinese VVV as the original?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It is a bit strange, as if they were using only old photos, for some reason, that is one thing, but the ad specifically says it's signed by Vinnie, implying the pic is new and the guitar will have the To Craig signature.

Something is a little bit up.

Also Todd, yeah, the guitars were stupid expensive new cause Vinnie made them stupid expensive? Why? Probably cause he's stupid!!!

We all thought this at the time. Vinnie wanted to charge crazy money for these guitars, without a case!! And that easily resulted in not one sale from the NAMM show and ended with Vinnie taking flight with with the guitars Tom worked so hard and under stressful conditions to build.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

"Toddzilla.

Chris C is friends with him. He's a well known Nashville musician. He has a slew of Nuno models."

I take that back. This is a different Toddzilla who lives in North Carolina. An epidemic of Toddzilla's! lol
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:47 pm It wasn't stolen????

I see this guy buys and flips guitars a lot but he does not know the real story behind these guitars.

The fact that he knows it's been stolen, but dismisses it all, that is crazy.

These guitars belong to Rebecca now, nobody else.
Where is your proof they were stolen?

Here's a great take on it from 2018 from a person who talked to Tom on this site. He makes it clear they weren't stolen.

Also, if one reads Tom's own comments, it doesn't seem that way. Tom thinks thats the case but some problems.

Someone asked Tom to post the contract. He refused. So nobody knows what the contract says.

Also, Tom pointed out the Contract was very one sided in Vinnie's favor. Which probably means, Vinnie got those prototypes for free.

Tom also said he contacted the police there and they would do nothing about it. Before they will do anything, one has to show "proof" of ownership. They would want to see the signed contract.

If Tom didn't like the "very one sided contract", he didn't have to sign it. Vinnie refused the "contract from hell".

and I believe Tom was still selling those guitars even after the split it (making them for buyers).

Alot of accusations get thrown around without all the facts out there.

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 20-24-04 Vinnie Vincent sold Tom Palecki AZG guitar - KissFAQ.COM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 20-24-19 Vinnie Vincent sold Tom Palecki AZG guitar - KissFAQ.COM.png
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So, here is the post where goinblind "spoke" with Tom, and I think it goes in the direction of Vinnie stole the guitars, Tom tried a few things but didn't have the resources/time/energy to take it further.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6582&p=105772#p105772

Some of us here have actually spoken with Tom, and his wife.

The guitars are stolen property Vinnie has made full profit from selling. It's a travesty what happened.

Tom was a gentle soul. Vinnie yelled and screamed at him down the phone during the making of these guitars. i would have told Vinnie where to go. Tom took it and did the work, under extreme pressures for the deadline of the NAMM show and Vinnie's unreasonable expectations, to deliver them on time.

As we have seen with the recent re-sale of the white one, they were still a little unfinished but they needed to be at NAMM.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

ZING!!!!!
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:49 pm So, here is the post where goinblind "spoke" with Tom, and I think it goes in the direction of Vinnie stole the guitars, Tom tried a few things but didn't have the resources/time/energy to take it further.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6582&p=105772#p105772

Some of us here have actually spoken with Tom, and his wife.

The guitars are stolen property Vinnie has made full profit from selling. It's a travesty what happened.

Tom was a gentle soul. Vinnie yelled and screamed at him down the phone during the making of these guitars. i would have told Vinnie where to go. Tom took it and did the work, under extreme pressures for the deadline of the NAMM show and Vinnie's unreasonable expectations, to deliver them on time.

As we have seen with the recent re-sale of the white one, they were still a little unfinished but they needed to be at NAMM.

That's your opinion on the matter, but that doesn't make it a fact.

Tom refused to post the contract. He said it was heavily one sided towards Vinnie.

Law enforcement refused to do anything.

From all that, one can conclude, Tom didn't have owership in them. The law was involved and did nothing. Until something else is shown to show otherwise, I think people should stop attacking Vinnie over this.

Tom was desperate, bankrupt. SIgned a very one sided deal that heavily favored Vinnie. He wasn't forced to sign that deal.

Also odd, that one would show up at NAMM with 5 unfinished guitars. I'd rather show up with 3 finished guitars to show people than 5 that weren't done.

But at this point nothing is going to happen. People should feel free and confident to buy those guitars.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

FFS man, his wife made a "give the guitars back" post, there is no getting through.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:31 am FFS man, his wife made a "give the guitars back" post, there is no getting through.
I don't think that qualifies in the law as any proof of ownership. She might be just going off what Tom has said. Has she read the contract even?

Have you read the contract?

If not, we have to go by what Tom said. It was a very one sided contract towards Vinnie and the police refused to do anything.

After all these years, its safe to say, Vinnie was the rightful owner and he was free to sell them.

We also know Tom made Vinnie's TM'd guitars for others even after their relationship was over. Something Tom, most likely was not allowed to do.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He was allowed to make a certain number of guitars, and he did not reach that number before he passed.

Tom was a gentleman, Vinnie, not so much, but you can beleive what you want.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Luxor wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:16 am
We also know Tom made Vinnie's TM'd guitars for others even after their relationship was over. Something Tom, most likely was not allowed to do.

The Double Vee was TM'd? Yeah, nah!

Jackson would likely claim ownership of that considering theirs was the first and they made more than any other builder, 28 allegedly...even though I can only find evidence of 13, including mine.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

shramiac wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:45 am
Luxor wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:16 am

The Double Vee was TM'd? Yeah, nah!

Wouldn't it be great if people who don't know things... didn't chime in?

Why would I have said it if it wasn't true?
Vinnie Guitar Design TM.png
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Shram, we forgot, Vinnie has about a zillion million patents and websites filed!

This seems to be what the Jackson VVV is, and then all the others, as it doesn't mention anything other than the body, which was done in 86/87 by Jackson. No special inlays, no Double V headstock?

It's the Double V headstock that really sets these guitars apart.

For a second there I thought you had a copy of a contract.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Thanks Lux.....12 years ago is a long time for me to remember everything about V.

It's also very specific in it's details.

"2 inch offset"

Therefore, a builder could offset it by 2.5 inches and all would be fine. Just like many LPs & Strats are made by a variety of companies but build them different by just enough to avoid any legal troubles.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:03 am He was allowed to make a certain number of guitars, and he did not reach that number before he passed.
Yes indeedy! I'd forgotten that too.