Acoustic Help Needed!

The VVFF has some talented members, here is where you can check them out
CptnRuski

Acoustic Help Needed!

Post by CptnRuski »

So I’ve been slowly learning Back on the Streets on my electric, but I was recently asked if I’d be willing to do an acoustic set with a really good friend of mine next month. I would really like to break this one out to play, but don’t really have any idea on how or where to start looking for a chord sheet since UG and songsterr only have the tabs up. I know it’s silly, but I’m still fairly new to this kind of guitar work and any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Acoustic Help Needed!

Post by Genebaby »

Hmmmm, I can't really help you, but I do know that Vinnie himself broke his songs down acoustically last year, to sing along to.

And this is totally normal. I play in a band and we stick to the original sound of the songs we play but usually there is a solo acoustic player on before us and they play all kinds of songs really simplified.

Good luck with it.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

[BBvideo=560,315][/BBvideo]I did that cover last year, think I still have the chord sheet somewhere... I like those chords, esp. the F/A, Fmaj, B7sus4... Vinnie said in Atlanta that this song is not a guitar song....
say two sky two say fare
CptnRuski

Post by CptnRuski »

tukoztukoz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:51 am [BBvideo=560,315][/BBvideo]I did that cover last year, think I still have the chord sheet somewhere... I like those chords, esp. the F/A, Fmaj, B7sus4... Vinnie said in Atlanta that this song is not a guitar song....
No idea how I didn't respond to this before, but this is so fucking cool. Also, probably should've specified that I was gonna be singing along with playing and just needed some chords, but unfortunately the gig was canceled. Though it's definitely a piece I still need to add to my acoustic/singing repertoire haha
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Thanks Captain!
Are VV related gigs cursed for often being cancelled?
say two sky two say fare
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

I tried rewatching the acoustic version he did with Robert. It was some sort of progression out of F.
He doesnt seem to follow the same changes, not entirely sure he remembers the song and was just doodling to the melody.
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

I would consider a Fmaj - Bb - Cmaj prog. Maybe some Dm in the chorus to add some highs.
metatron

Post by metatron »

That was awesome!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

There ´s a Wolf Marshall tab somewhere in this forum where chords are indicated correctly
say two sky two say fare
CptnRuski

Post by CptnRuski »

tukoztukoz wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:26 am Thanks Captain!
Are VV related gigs cursed for often being cancelled?
Oh god, listen I don’t know how it happened, but in my friend’s band the bassist broke his arm and the drummer quit in quick succession so it was just one big old mess. It’s probably my fault for wanting to play this XD
CptnRuski

Post by CptnRuski »

tukoztukoz wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 am There ´s a Wolf Marshall tab somewhere in this forum where chords are indicated correctly
Is there??? I’ll keep an eye out for it, thank you!!!