Searching for tab Ya know - I'm pretty shot

The VVFF has some talented members, here is where you can check them out
SimonSays

Searching for tab Ya know - I'm pretty shot

Post by SimonSays »

I looking for tab for this song even any releated things would be great like videos. I would be happy even for a part of the song or only some themes.
shramiac

Re: Searching for tab Ya know - I'm pretty shot

Post by shramiac »

Sadly, like so many of Vinnie's songs, this is the only transcription devices.

There's a few tabs taken from the Wolf Marshall book on ultimateguitar.com but that's all there are.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Possio

Post by Possio »

I have most of it (all exept the Yankee doodle dixe) figured out by ear, took me about 6 months, years ago.I was unemplyed at the time..hehe, obviously..lots of interesting jazz chords/voicings and classical stuff, as you all know. now, I can not play it at same speed but pretty close. its a really cool piece. always wondered where some of that stuff came from, inspired by ? besides Laurindo Almeida or what his name is..and Chet, but the classical stuff I can not pin-point..
I do think it was slightly editited together thou, most likely not all of it played in one go.
What part are you thinking of ? maybe I can help?
Possio

Post by Possio »

Also, I play it traditional classical style, P ima, thumb and 3 fingers, V plays "hybrid Picking" = pick (plectrum)and fingers.. I do not master that technique, it probably sounds more right if done hybrid..
SimonSays

Post by SimonSays »

Dont you want to do some video lesson with it?
Possio

Post by Possio »

Im too shy (or embarrased) to sit down and do a YouTube thing or similar..sorry..If you ever come up to Stockholm (from Poland),
I promise I will show you the piece and everything that Ive figured out from it.. :)
There are a few places in the music where I cant tell 100% where on the neck V positioned it, but what I play sounds correct, its just that Im pretty sure if V ever sat down and played it, there would be some places where it is done differently.

You should try what I did, sit down with some kind of "amazing slow-downer" and do one phrase at a time, slowly you will get the hang of the voiceings and chords, and when youve nailed that little chord or flurry of notes, move on to the next etc.. It can be fantastic "ear training", but is it very time consuming.
quite rewarding in the end, you will come out a better musician with a better ear .
SimonSays

Post by SimonSays »

Ill try to put song in sony acid slow it down and play then by ear as you told.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Time to write it all out for us Possio! :) :) :)

You could always just put it on Soundcloud? No one would know! :)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(