And I loose the bet

The VVFF has some talented members, here is where you can check them out

And I loose the bet

Post by 1031 »

Me and Genebaby pretty much quit gigging about the same time and I joked about who would give in first and play out again. Well about a month ago I was working on a elevator jazz album for my mother in law as a gift for Christmas, then was asked to do a 45 min set of the same thing to some backing tracks at Old friends Vintage guitars during a wagon wheels street festival to just have something going on there.

So the owner over the next few weeks convinces me to work up two hours of different styles from old standards smooth jazz blues jazz and modal jazz for Oktoberfest he was putting together. I really didn't think it would go over that well and kinda was like what the hell I'm not doing anything anyway. He books me in one of the restaurants in the square for two hours Friday and Saturday, and.. It was truly one of the best ideas I never had. Took 15 min to set up and tear down I made more money in two hours between pay and tips than I have in 10 years for a gig. People were completely digging it, even had a gal that runs a local winery come in the second night to check me out and offered me a gig on the spot.

I have to say it was very unexpected and very satisfying to get positive feed back based just on your own playing, especially doing something I thought was pretty much dead in the water as a music form. I will add its considerably more challenging to play than you would think. I think I am going to roll with it and see how it goes stick to a two hour set. Who new playing Girl from Ipanema was a cash ringer.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: And I loose the bet

Post by Genebaby »

Ha ha, congratulations on your new gig. It does look like you beat me to it.

I won't be playing live for a while, my injury not-withstanding, but just prior to the accident I had just got back with my old bass player and singer from a few years ago and we had a jam with a drummer.

Then it was a few weeks off, ha ha. We auditioned another drummer who was quite good on Sunday.
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Post by 1031 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

8) 8) 8) 8)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Got some more drummers to audition on Thursday, though I'd be happy to take the guy from Sunday.
Commander in chief - VVF Army