TJMonster

Re: Monster Ultra 666 Stiletto V

Postby TJMonster » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:11 am

been working on your fingerboard.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!

metatron

Postby metatron » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Would have really love to get this in my guitar. But I think it's in the too hard basket as far as obtaining this item.
KTS Titanium Neck Reinforcement Rods

Comes standard in the Fernandes Ravelle Elite JP (http://www.fernandesguitars.com/ravelle ... te-jp.html) I've got two Fernandes Ravelle's. A piano black Elite & a white Deluxe with a Floyde Rose. Really under rated guitars. Probably the best playing guitars I have.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Postby Genebaby » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi guys, just looking for an update on this build. From what I can tell it's been almost 18 months and Dannii has supplied lots of $$$ (for the express, fast tracking of a guitar built) along with a few special parts that he wanted.

I have seen other guitars come and go in between the last 18 months, I would have thought this one would have been first off the lot?

We want to see this bad boy done, can you post pics of what it looks like today?

Thanks!
Commander in chief - VVFF Army

Streetbeat

Postby Streetbeat » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Yes pictures please !

poserboy71

Postby poserboy71 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm salivating just thinking what creation Dannii and TJ have come up with.
I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF

"You see the bait you bite"- VV

metatron

Postby metatron » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Hey Tj, got your message about the neck. Let me know the difference I would owe you (Tom) for Tom to make my neck.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Is their a delivery date on this one dannii?
STOP USING GOOGLE TO SEARCH USE DUCK DUCK GO OR START PAGE OR IXQUICK TO SEARCH
http://www.vinnie-vincent.com/discograp ... ssette.jpg

Genebaby
Site Admin

Postby Genebaby » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:13 pm

I am thinking it will be a stocking filler this Xmas?

metatron

Postby metatron » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Sorry Guys...I don't know when.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Postby Genebaby » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Well, come Xmas it will be approaching a two year build time, which is pretty extreme considering this wasn't paid for as a "every now and then" build. Like, it wasn't cheap!

metatron

Postby metatron » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:40 pm

No not cheap. Everything was paid up front.

n3p

Postby n3p » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 pm

I feel your pain, never knew yours was meant to be fast tracked so I feel a bit guilty about trying to push the bolt ons out... sorry dude. Hopefully it'll be done soon enough.

PS - still looking out for a Daisy Rock for you!

Nick
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:18 am

No one but Danni has paid me for labor and has had an option to push their guitar up at anytime. Danni's guitar, we are waiting on Tom. It takes gas to go back and forth from the shop. The guitars you see come and go is the money I need to work on these guitars. The guitars are all painted. They just need assembled. I can ship them right now and you guys can put them together. Regardless, I have to find my rent and feed my kids. I've sone a huge favor by not asking for a penny of labor. Since I am working as a favor, I work on them when I can. You are more than welcome to help me finish them or take them as they stand. Everyone but Danni paid for parts. Parts are done. And as I said, on danni's guitar, we are waiting on Tom.

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:02 am

I suggest you don't wait for tom and buy a different neck because he is too busy.

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:26 am

I have the original neck wood all marked and ready to cut.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Postby Genebaby » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:23 am

TJ, we understand about the batch of bolt on guitars, this thread is only about Dannii's which technically should have been finished a year ago, not waiting on others in late 2012.

You stated the different ways a guitar could be realised through yourself and Dannii went the "fast" route. 18 months and counting isn't fast.

I don't understand why you would let a showpiece build like this make you look bad. It's all in this thread how long ago the build started and the months with no updates and no pictures. This would not inspire confidence in your shop to a worldwide guitar audience.

I'm not happy a great guy like Dannii believed in you so much and has seen so little in return. You've built and painted a few guitars in the past 18 months that aren't VVFF related, rather than finishing Dannii's as the priority it should have been.

If I was Dannii I would be wanting a full refund, and return of the parts, and I would look elsewhere.

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:28 am

It's dannis choice to have Tom make the neck. I can cut the neck whenever he's ready. I have a neck but, he wants Toms neck on it. At anytime Danni can say just cut the neck and I will. He's on my Facebook and can talk to me anytime he wishes. I don't ignore him or anything. So it's about Danni waiting for Tom. I'm ready to go with it. Have been for a long time.

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:35 am

As far as my shop is concerned, it costs money to build guitars. It costs money to drive to the shop. It's costs money to to buy the sand paper and everything that goes along with it. We've been waiting on Tom for about 5 to 6 months. It's not that the guitar will take long but I can't do anything without the neck. I can have it built in 3 weeks if I had the neck. At anytime Danni, can say, go ahead and just make the neck. And only danni's opinion matters when it comes to me and danni's deal. So when Danni says move forward without Tom, I will.

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:40 am

Oh, and Bickley waited 2 years for his custom shop dean.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Postby Genebaby » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:43 am

TJ, you're missing my point. Where was the neck that should have been built by mid last year? Tom is a fairly recent option in this build and by rights there should have been nothing for him to do as it should have been done and dusted.

We understand that things cost money bit we don't want to hear the excuses? When you order and pay what is asked then that is that.

Dannii should make a decision, wait untold time on Tom. Have you continue what you've started, which doesn't sound like much, or a full refund as one part of the contract for this build has not been fulfilled.

You also seem to be glossing over my point that this thread shows everyone how long it has been. It's gone on too long.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Postby Genebaby » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:47 am

Oh, and Bickley waited 2 years for his custom shop dean.
Is that an excuse for not honouring your fast track build process?

Other shops build times aren't relevant here when you are trying to establish yourself and a premiere customer gets the back burner.

Chris' Dean is between Chris and Dean. You've used this Forum to gain trust and have come up short. Pointing fingers elsewhere is not helping.

Why wasn't Dannii's guitar finished last year?

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348613559.226023.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348613559.226023.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 2703 times

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348613646.410860.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348613646.410860.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 2703 times

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 am

As long as it is of the highest quality the time will be forgotten but the delivery estimstes should be two.years in the future so people know not to get on your back.

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348614836.553773.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348614836.553773.jpg (53.18 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
I asked Tom in April to make the neck. Which was before I did those other guitars. I've actually made 2 guitars waiting for this neck. It's danni's decision on to wait for Tom or let me go ahead without him.

metatron

Postby metatron » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:27 am

Ok....fucken information over load.
I need a favour from some of you guys. Can some like maybe Rick, (cause he is neutral in this situation) physically call Tom for me & find out the low down,,,if he wants to make the neck, if he can make the neck. Roughly what time frame. Rick I'd be more than happy to pay for your time & the costs of the call/s.
If you can't call Tom. Can someone give me his home phone & I'll talk to him myself.

If Tom doesn't/can't make the neck, I'd prefer the Carvin neck for this guitar (with the shadow headstock as was planed from day one)

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 am

Dino, I've been waiting on tom. Dannis guitar is only a 3 week build. I can have it ready for paint in 3 days if I had a neck.

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 am

Danni, that first photo is from today. I talked to Tom today.

shramiac

Postby shramiac » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:52 am

Movin, movin, movin, the guitar is finally movin! Give a spanking to Shecky's rawhide!!!!! :lol:

Yay! Good to hear!
Purple guitars kick ass!

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:00 am

Because last year I was working a full time job and couldn't take the time off without losing my job. That's why it took so long last year. But by all means Vic, show me how it's done. Don't tell me. Show me.

poserboy71

Postby poserboy71 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:28 am

I will do whatever is needed for my brothers here.
Just tell me what you need and when you need it.

I will admit that I am ignorant of what it takes to build a guitar from scratch.

Not to pry BUT ,But since this is such a heavy topic,we should see how much money was paid and when .
Let's see the details/specs of this guitar and what is going into it.
I recall only seeing IDEAS being posted.

I agree that the time frame has been a test of patience.TJ has been more than up front with his reasons for the slow return on product and it sucks for everyone (TJ and Monster customers) involved.

I also know that TJ is shutting down his shop after these builds are done because his back has finally taken a shit on him.
TJ is selling everything including his house.

Let's just resolve this situation so everyone is happy and there are no harsh words.

TJ ,
You're text earlier today made me worried about your health.
I really feel that it may be time to return Dannii's parts (or send them to Tom Palecki in Arizona ) so he can get the guitar built . I am really worried that if you continue to do this work, you may permanently screw up your back and not be a functioning father.
Is it a possibility TJ or are you physically capable to hit this one out of the park ?
Is Dannii's money in an account or is it spent ? How much is Tom charging for the neck and how will it be paid for ? Will there be additional fees like there were on Wolfie's guitars ?

My concern is for all involved and I hope that everyone remains civil so that all that have placed an order can receive a quality guitar.

The only way this can be resolved is if all of us remain gentlemen and express concerns in a dignified manner.
This is on the verge of getting ugly .

I know that all of you are good people and want the same thing ,so let's join together towards a solution.

metatron

Postby metatron » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:30 am

TJ, the thing I'm having a problem with right now is that, in a way you are saying that it's due to me wanting Tom to make the neck that has delayed this build. This thing with Tom building the neck, has probably only occurred in the last 4 months. So, if you can be so kind as to explain what happened to the other 14 months. Look man, I'm no trying to give you a hard time. But I really don't appreciated, that by your words, you can admit that I paid you for everything, including labor & then you've put me on the back burner like some two bit smuck. No cool bro. It's hard to believe that, again by your own words, you built other guitar that you did not get paid labor for before you choose to build my one. The other thing is, WTF are you doing build guitars for no labor costs? That is totally ridiculous. This is why you are in this current state.
Honestly TJ, I don't want to get into a full on fight about this. And if anything guys like me have been super supportive of you on this forum & many others. Man, I was so supportive that I basically hand you some pretty shit hot hardware to put into a guitar that would, not just do me proud, but make Monster guitar's shine like one of the the most advanced & sort after custom guitar builder in the world. I put my hard earned money where my month was & I gave you an opportunity to showcase your talents. I'd like for you to tell me anyone else who has done that???
But in saying that you owe me nothing, but what I have paid for. So all I ask is that when you make my guitar that it isn't a rush job. That the thing 'plays like butter', that the paint is smooth & there are no cuts in the finish. That all the electronics all work. That the inserts are awesome.Binding mind blowing. Basically after waiting a guitar that everything was paid for up front, 18 months ago, I'd be quite greatfull for a guitar that is pretty much perfect in every way. And get what I paid for.
I say all this, I'm not angry with you TJ...disappointed yes, but not angry.

TJ, Just go your PM from FB... Tom is a no go. OK, fine, go with the Carvin neck please. Thanx

Rick don't worry about contacting Tom. Thank you anyway.

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 am

I'd have to contact my brother inlaw for payment details but I'm sure Danni can provide them.
Danni has also asked for a way more expensive paint job and I haven't asked for a penny more for it because of the time. Dean isn't taking small paint jobs anymore either. But I have a plotter and can handle those graphics with ease. I even have a place to spray it.

Tom tells me he doesn't have the time, it will be quicker to get the carvin neck.
Toms number is on his contact info on Facebook.

poserboy71

Postby poserboy71 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 am

Cool---- TJ, If you can figure out a time frame and post it for Dannii...

I hope that your last build will be PERFECTION.

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 am

That's fine Danni. I wish you would have come to me with your feelings and not everyone else.

For the record. I will never make another vv.

metatron

Postby metatron » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am

Yer sorry, I posted just after Rick. So I didn't know some of the other details.
OK, if you are shutting up shop TJ, then simply refund me my money. I will talk to Tom. I'll pay you postage costs to send my hardware to Tom & I'll take if from there. Sorry to hear you are no well TJ. But like you I'm pretty unwell & like you I have little kids to worry about.
So like today, I'm pulling 16 hour days (this is my 3rd one...one more to go after today
), just to pay my bills.

metatron

Postby metatron » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 am

That's fine Danni. I wish you would have come to me with your feelings and not everyone else.

For the record. I will never make another vv.
To make everything above board, the truth is, others came to me with their feeling about the issue. And to be quite honest, I probably need a good old jolt of reality about this situation, cause for the most part I was being more than fare with you. Especially now, as of today, I find out that I was the only fuck'en idiot that was decent enough to fucken pay you for labor. Don't you dare try and pull any guilt shit on me for not coming to you earlier. I was giving you your space & not pressuring you in any way & you choose to take advantage of my good nature. That's the facts.
Maybe you should try starting your next post with something like. Hey man, I'm really sorry......

Fuck it, Just refund me my money & send me my hardware.

TJMonster

Postby TJMonster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:11 am

I am sorry Danni. I didn't intend for things to go the way they did. I'm building the guitar. No worries. I quit my job so I could finish it. That is also when we talked to Tom. I cannot refund your money ad it has gone to parts and whatnot. The guitars are my only source of income and things are extremely slow. I'm building the guitar. I've already cut wood and the fingerboard. With the carvin neck in hand, it will go really fast as it's the only guitar I'm working on.

metatron

Postby metatron » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:25 am

TJ you know it in your heart that I wanted Monster guitars to succeed. I don't know. Maybe I even wanted it more than you. I doubt that to be possible, but who knows. Man if you even recall (there is a post about this somewhere) I was trying to rally you & other, to by a share of Monster Guitars. Anyway I sad to hear that you are closing shop. Not Good.

OK, I'm a reasonable person & you of all people should know this. Cool let's make this beast. If like you said the paint is ultra expensive, let me know the price difference & I'll send you the difference of the cooler stuff. Easy.
Also let me know if you do or don't want to do the more expensive paint. I don't know what this entails & if it is worth the bang for buck. You know this stuff better than me.
Only other thing, the machine heads. What had be decided? What is available?

P.S. for the record I don't like fighting with people on this forum cause I consider all of you very close. Like family. Fuck you Vic for doing this (Just Joking) I put shit on this forum that I would never in a million years tell anyone.

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Just make a kick ass guitar and all will be cool.

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:02 pm

You did have an option of taking more money to.express it which ment you took off work as i was really close to doing that.

n3p

Postby n3p » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:55 pm

I think a group hug is in order ;)

metatron

Postby metatron » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:14 pm

I think a group hug is in order ;)
Only if it's NUDE!

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:46 pm

What neck wood.. please say walnut.
Let Tom know just incase he is working on it .

n3p

Postby n3p » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:29 am

What neck wood.. please say walnut..
You know, I worry about you sometimes!

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:54 am

its a tough job but someones got to do it. :lol:

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 am

it has been said that vv's favourite neck was the carvin so if they are the same as the 87/88 necks you may have something close to vinnie.

Dannii some guitar maker said to me the truss rod actually effects the sound, he said a big part of the fender strat sound is the vintage style rods and if you put a modern style rod in it it doesn't sound like a fender.. i am wondering what your rod will sound like.. looks very impressive.

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 am

dannii they just issued a Jason Becker neck. why not go for that? i am sure they will do that for you.

The custom JB neck profile is 0.75mm thinner than the neck on Carvin ST/DC guitars.

http://www.carvinworld.com/catalog/guitars/jb200c

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:10 am

it would be cool not to just get the basic carvin neck but a fancy one with special inlays. Maybe birds eye maple or koa neck.. the one they have on the website is very standard. I think you should get a custom carvin becker neck with ebony board and abalone block inlays like VV had. EMAIL THEM SOMEBODY

doublev2

Postby doublev2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 am

Carvin has been offering project/replacement necks for guitars and basses since the late 1980s. Many independent guitar builders use Carvin necks because of our superior build quality and large assortment of neck options. You can choose guitar and bass necks, in bolt-on and neck-through configurations, and you may also select a variety of woods, fingerboards, inlays, headstock shapes, frets and more. All Carvin necks come standard with a blank, undrilled headstock, allowing you to create you own unique shape, or you can choose from our assortment of precut headstock shapes, which will include the appropriate tuner holes. You can choose how complete you want you neck to be; from unfinished requiring light sanding and finishing, to completely finished in tung-oil, clear matte satin or high gloss. Carvin necks are covered by our 5 year warranty. Carvin carries necks with the most common options in stock for immediate shipment. Allow up to 2 weeks for shipment of necks with standard options, and 1 - 3 weeks for necks with custom options.
Get a western curly maple or birds eye maple neck in the becker size with the ebony board and abalone block inlays and you are set. What do you think?

Return to “TJ Monster Guitars”