Hanoi Rocks

Discuss other bands we like
Skwint

Hanoi Rocks

Post by Skwint »

My own personal Fave band since 1985 :mrgreen:

Formed in Finland in 1979 and are the main insperation for the 80 Glam scene out of Hollywood.

Almost destroyed by the crashing of Vince Neils car in a drunken stupor which killed thier drummer razzle in 1984 :cry: :twisted:

Hanoi Rocks have influenced many rock'n'roll artists and bands: Slash had bought tickets to the outsold gigs of Los Angeles, which were canceled because of the death of Razzle. Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and bands like Guns N' Roses have told in public that they were all inspired by the Hanoi Rocks. In the Hanoi Rocks autobiography "All Those Wasted Years" Foo Fighters guitarist Chris Shiflett says "The Hollywood scene changed in just one night after people saw the pictures of Hanoi Rocks. After that everyone was wearing the same kind of hair, clothes and make up as Monroe". Michael Monroe and Hanoi Rocks have often been mentioned as the starters of the Hollywood's glam-rock scene, which was then adopted and developed by many 1980's glam-, punk-, and hard rock bands like Motley Crue, Jetboy, LA Guns and Poison.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

:D :D
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
poserboy71

Re: Hanoi Rocks

Post by poserboy71 »

Shoulda ,Coulda, Woulda, been bigger than they were/are.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
LoveKills

Post by LoveKills »

Skwint you have fantastic musical taste! I love Hanoi Rocks and Dogs D'Amour!
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

LoveKills wrote:Skwint you have fantastic musical taste! I love Hanoi Rocks and Dogs D'Amour!
i thank you :D
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again