Slaughter at Glamfest Sydney 2024

Discuss other bands we like
Genebaby
Site Admin

Slaughter at Glamfest Sydney 2024

Post by Genebaby »

The boys in Slaughter headlined Glamfest in style last night, playing their first show ever in Sydney and second show ever in Australia, which was very cool.

I did meet Dana a couple of times in the area and he was super nice and friendly and appreciative of me as a fan. He had nothing to say about Vinnie except he was a guy he did some stuff with in the 80's.

Dana is most excited with the upcoming Slaughter biopic, so I am too and I am expecting it to be good!

Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Re: Slaughter at Glamfest Sydney 2024

Post by birnie »

Lordy lord, that drummer's hero is Animal from the Muppets.
Crickey !
metatron

Post by metatron »

Dino & Kevin, VV & I can appreciate this - as we we come from Italian heritage.
There is a saying in Italian for the way Slaughter have conquered the battle, even after all these years in reference to Mark & Dana's former employer, VV.
Slaughter have clearly delivered it hook, line & sinkers to VV.
The saying in reference to VV in Italian is,
'GLI HANNO DATO NEL CULO' (Slaughter handed it to VV in the ARSE- HARD!)
& granted with VV apparent TRANSVASION, he might like even enjoy the CULO part of this execution.

To think, if VV had played his cards right - that gig could have been a VVI gig, with all the slick production, great sound, professionalism of a real band, etc.
But instead in the VV world we have half arsed disorganization bullshit. (That is if VV doesn't cancel the gig with little to no notice)

Congratulation to Mark and especially Dana - the brains behind the success of the short lived VVI & and the eternal Slaughter brand.
Got to love the tip of the hat to Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song aka Ashes to Ashes tribute . (Doing a VVI song without doing a VVI song)

That was a killer 10/10 gig.

Joke time, Question : How many Vinnie Vincent's does it take to change a light blub.?
Answer : One Dana Strum.
You know why i's funny? - Cause it is true!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great to see you at the gig Dannii, as always, glad you too enjoyed the killer show.

Another great thing that happened at Glamfest was I got to meet another fellow VVF member, in the form of Erik Modin, who is the drum tech for Sweden's H.E.A.T., and the touring drummer for the Glamfest Australian tour!!! He kicked ass at the gig, as you can see below, as did the whole band!

It was great to meet Erik before and after the show and to hang out with him, the keyboard player Jona, and other people in the music business (Ronnie Simmons, Australian guitarist who plays with Faster Pussycat and Rose Tattoo among others, and I think someone from Jetboy and some behind the scenes people). It's ironic that Ronnie played with Rose Tattoo 20 minutes from my house recently and I didn't go, and with Faster Pussycat at The Whisky in December with Faster Pussycat, but I just didn't like them enough to bother doing the drive out there. I could have seen him twice recently but it didn't happen.

Back at the hotel I ran into H.E.A.T. guitarist Dave Dalone, who ripped up the fretboard of what I now know was a Kramer, cause he had it with him and showed it to me. We had a quick chat and I gave him some advice on what kind of Charvel he might like.

metatron

Post by metatron »

Yes, excellent night & always good to see you Vic. Great video footage.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks man, I do my best!!
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

metatron wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:40 pm But instead in the VV world we have half arsed disorganization bullshit. (That is if VV doesn't cancel the gig with little to no notice)
Indeed.
http://www.vinnievincent.com/product/vi ... -invasion/

"ATTENTION PLEASE.
OUR SINGER FAYSAL SMILE CAME DOWN WITH A SEVERE FLU STRAIN A FEW DAYS AGO AND IS VERY ILL. HE IS ON MEDICATION. OUR DEEPEST APOLOGIES.
I WILL BE RESCHEDULING THE SHOW BASED ON EVERYONE’S AVAILABILITY WHO ARE TRAVELING FROM OUT OF STATE.
KEEP WATCHING HERE FOR NEW SHOW DATE."
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh no......
metatron

Post by metatron »

strangeways wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:14 am
metatron wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:40 pm But instead in the VV world we have half arsed disorganization bullshit. (That is if VV doesn't cancel the gig with little to no notice)
Indeed.
http://www.vinnievincent.com/product/vi ... -invasion/

"ATTENTION PLEASE.
OUR SINGER FAYSAL SMILE CAME DOWN WITH A SEVERE FLU STRAIN A FEW DAYS AGO AND IS VERY ILL. HE IS ON MEDICATION. OUR DEEPEST APOLOGIES.
I WILL BE RESCHEDULING THE SHOW BASED ON EVERYONE’S AVAILABILITY WHO ARE TRAVELING FROM OUT OF STATE.
KEEP WATCHING HERE FOR NEW SHOW DATE."
Don't need to be a great Nostradamus to see that one coming from a million miles away. Oh dear. Another 'scheduled' gig bites the dust.
And I was talking to a gentlemen at Sydney'sa Glam Fest with the bright red/Orange MORC shirt who was heading off to see the great, 'Messiah'.
IMO, that VV event wasn't even a 'close, but no cigar'. That was just not going to happen unless every little details was 1000% correct. (One has to feel sorry for the poor people who actually put their faith in such things)
And lets me realistic, no schedule event is ever going to be 1000% correct. There is always going to be something that is missed or an oversight, but 99.99% of the time - for most artists, it's lights, camera, action, - on with the show. Not in VV's case.
Attachments
Messiah RR.mp4
(938.42 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
birnie

Post by birnie »

Well, it could be true, although.....
IF it isn't, get used to it Faysal ! And you're the excuse.
If it's true, get better soon and get that gig going ;)
metatron

Post by metatron »

Dana Strum.Mark Slaughter-Interview2023
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The Wild Life? Looks like The Good Life to me!!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool interview, great that Mark got in too. I hear him about not working with Vinnie again, what is the point after all this time, and the way Vinnie is he's not capable of doing anything on a professional level and you can't trust him to try to do anything. Too much chance of ending up with the same egg Vinnie has on your face as well.

Great to hear more about Randy and how Tim got into the band.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Geeze it was a great line up with Tim and Blas.
Tim can really shred it up when he wants !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, it was a pretty cool line up back then. Such a bummer to lose Tim so soon.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Drummer is a psycho...in a good way.

Good gig but still don't listen to them. Sold my Slaughter debut cassette a day after I bought it. Songs too cherry pop and no shred ala Vinnie.

"Fly to Hangles " still irks me to this day.

Nice that they and the Lynch boys (& the others) made it down to Aus. If I lived in the cities they played, I would have gone.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

As underwhelming as it was, at least I have now seen Lynch play. Mr Grumpy....LoL....

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hmmn. Guys, have a look at 4:55 on the Slaughter video and tell me what you think is happening.....
birnie

Post by birnie »

Bit of a backing vocal trailing off when he stopped?
Is that what you mean ?
birnie

Post by birnie »

Fuck me there's some good screaming around there.
Big loss Vinnie, big loss. (well he has Faysal now and he's content not releasing anything with him....Fuck sake)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It sounds like Mark's vocal to me, that still continues, not the backing? Looks that way too?
birnie

Post by birnie »

Yeah. That came out wrong
I meant backing tape of his vocals.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Gotcha, yeah....it seems like he's done what Paul Stanley has done and recorded a live version of the songs (or some songs) using his current voice, so he's not all of a sudden sounding amazing and it seems normal. So obviously he doesn't sound in top form, it's what we expect, but he can save what is left of his voice from getting worse? I guess that's how it works.