Blue Oyster Cult - Ghost Stories 04.12.2024

Discuss other bands we like
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Blue Oyster Cult - Ghost Stories 04.12.2024

Post by strangeways »

The new album "Ghost Stories" is set to haunt your playlists on April 12, 2024.
Join the musical séance with Eric Bloom, Buck Dharma, Richie Castellano, Danny Miranda, and Jules Radino.

Tracklist:
01. Late Night Street Fight
02. Cherry
03. So Supernatural (first single - out: February 07, 2024)
04. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
05. Soul Jive
06. Gun
07. Shot In The Dark
08. The Only Thing
09. Kick Out The Jams
10. Money Machine
11. Don't Come Running To Me
12. If It Fell
13. Roadhouse Blues (Japan bonus track)

Blue Oyster Cult is eagerly gearing up for an exciting new chapter in their storied career with the upcoming release of 'Ghost Stories.' This highly anticipated album marks a fitting finale to the recording legacy of one of rock’s most iconic fixtures from the past 50 years.
The band is set to captivate fans with a collection of reimagined and newly completed songs that span from 1978-2016. These musical treasures, long considered 'lost gems' by BOC enthusiasts, were originally recorded between 1978 and 1983, except for one track from 2016, "If I Fell." Also included is the only known studio recording of their concert classic “Kick Out the Jams” (MC5 cover). Some of the material is from sessions workshopping material for an album, some is from performance rehearsals.

George Geranios, the band's original audio engineer co-produced the original 1978-83 recordings along with BÖC. All were originally recorded on reel-to-reel analog tape. They were later transferred to digital audio, which is when modern AI and magical musical talents met and the collection of vintage multi-track recordings was de-mixed, re-mixed, and produced by Steve Schenck and Richie Castellano to become 'Ghost Stories.' The two explain the process HERE:

Work in the studio for the album was completed by Richie Castellano along with remaining original members Eric Bloom and Donald “Buck Dharma” Roeser, both Albert Bouchard and Rick Downey appear on drums with additional overdubs recorded by Joe Bouchard. All these original lineup members appearing on 'Ghost Stories,' create a musical journey that traverses decades.

To celebrate this exciting announcement, the band shares the single "So Supernatural" along with a new music video that has a super cool blend of classic rock and modern AI.

Stream the track here:
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Blue Oyster Cult - Ghost Stories 04.12.2024

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, BOC are still around/going and KISS have finished, they go back so far together!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

2nd single

"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I just realised that April 12 is my daughter's birthday, but a bit of a time difference over here in Australia. Very cool!
Commander in chief - VVF Army