Tigertailz

Discuss other bands we like
Skwint

Tigertailz

Post by Skwint »

Loved this band - first went to see them in 1987 aged 15 - they had only just released the first album with Steevi Jaimz on vocals - they came to the venue in Aberdeen - i waited outside all day for them to arrive - when they did they signed all the records i brought with me - handed out a welcome info pack on the band, signed that also.

I got free tickets for the show and had my fave track - Shoot to Kill dedicated to me during the gig by Pepsi tate - Pepsi sadly died a few years ago of Pancriatic Cancer - he was a top bloke - even years later when i would email the band he allways took the time to respond (hint to some :twisted: ). Even now i can still message jay and Kim and they will reply.

For a Glam band from Wales they could Thrash like the best of them - as they did include Megadeth and Mettalica covers in their set.

heres a few tracks

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
ozone73

Re: Tigertailz

Post by ozone73 »

I never heard of this band until my girlfriend started talking about them. She has their "Bezerk" cassette.
Settle the f*ck down, monkey tits!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Awesome band & great people. Hey Vinnie you piece of regurgitated shit, read this you cock sucker & learn how to treat fans. I got pretty sick 4 years ago. When I got back from hospital, 3 months later, I got two separate phone calls from Jay Pepper & Kim Hooker. Spoke to me for about half an hour each. Always loved their music & Image & now I can say I love them as people & they will always have my support & respect.

P.S they went out of their way to call me even though they had their own dramas with Pepsi Tate being very ill & eventually dying. True ROCK STARS!!!
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

When I was in my Glam Band I use to walk up to those dirty smell thrash/death heads & tell them that Metallica & Mega Death did an OK job covering Tigertailz' songs, Creeping Death & Peace Sells. They weren't amused, but I was. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

awesome :D
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The Tigertailz boyz are now lined up to play on the upcoming Kiss Kruise 4, so I will most likely get a chance to check them out.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote:The Tigertailz boyz are now lined up to play on the upcoming Kiss Kruise 4, so I will most likely get a chance to check them out.
Jules from Melbourne band White Widow is the new TT singer

[youtube][/youtube]
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]
'Fire & Ice'
eh?
Had a chick do that to me once.
Quite a pleasant sensation
:D
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I slept on a floor with Pepsi Tate when I was 16. I was a dj and had fake Id as I wasn't old enough to dj in the clubs I was booked in. I Dj'd at a club one night that Pepsi came to and after him and our friends all went back to some horrible London flat (I lived in London for a year between living in new Orleans) I was friends with Pepsi ' s friends dessa who put out a dance hit called 'is there anybody out there ' by bassheads which I actually played a tiny amount of guitar on. Also other friend that was with Pepsi was Damon from his own dance band 'nomad' (Damon spelled backwards) . I also went to Cardiff with them a few times. Pepsi really wasn't too much of a rock guy actually at the time going to dance clubs.
Also Welsh guitar maker Kevin chillcott the maker of their guitars (royal guitars which were amazing) was a member of the old dv and pro boards and I was trying to hook him up with vv to make a vv model.
Anyway Pepsi was a great guy. Maybe took a bit too many drugs but what band didn't.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great story dannii. My dad died of pancriatic cancer. Horrible and hard to detect. If anyone knows anyone's gets it pm me as I know a surgeon who will operate when no one else will.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:Great story dannii. My dad died of pancreatic cancer. Horrible and hard to detect. If anyone knows anyone's gets it pm me as I know a surgeon who will operate when no one else will.
Pepsi & your Dad both dead from pancreatic cancer.
Very Sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:
What can you do mate?
Chin up & carry on I suppose.
As my Mom say, love each other while your alive.

I just go this machine if your interested Dino. Works on 'Quantum Entanglement' & the DNA placed into the machine's sampler
Such phenomena were the subject of a 1935 paper by Albert Einstein, Boris Podolsky and Nathan Rosen,[1] describing what came to be known as the EPR paradox, and several papers by Erwin Schrödinger shortly thereafter.[2][3] Einstein and others considered such behavior to be impossible, as it violated the local realist view of causality (Einstein referred to it as "spooky action at a distance"),[4] and argued that the accepted formulation of quantum mechanics must therefore be incomplete. Later, however, the counterintuitive predictions of quantum mechanics were verified experimentally.[5] Experiments have been performed involving measuring the polarization or spin of entangled particles in different directions, which – by producing violations of Bell's inequality – demonstrate statistically that the local realist view cannot be correct. This has been shown to occur even when the measurements are performed more quickly than light could travel between the sites of measurement: there is no lightspeed or slower influence that can pass between the entangled particles.[6] Recent experiments have measured entangled particles within less than one part in 10,000 of the light travel time between them.[7] According to the formalism of quantum theory, the effect of measurement happens instantly.[8][9] It is not possible, however, to use this effect to transmit classical information at faster-than-light speeds[10] (see Faster-than-light → Quantum mechanics).

I know, we go from a Glam band to the passing of our loved ones to Quantum Theory all in one breath.
That's the VVFF for you.
:D
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Thanks dannii. I tried to get my dad to the bicarbonate of soda doctor in Rome too week. The cancer industry is evil but what can you do. Cancer research goes straight to big pharma who already have enough money to create cures but it's not in there interest unless the cure costs the price of your savings and house.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Will check that quantum thing out
Bye Bye
beano

Post by beano »

Any of you guys got the new album yet?
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No, but did I mention I met "Jules from Melbourne" and he was a total dick?

He was wearing a very cool vintage VVI shirt when I met him and I guess I thought a VVI fan would be glad to meet another VVI fan, but no. His shirt was cooler than mine cause it had Robert on it, it was very, very early and Jules is a big rock star, so being approached by the likes of me was too much for the rock star.

I understand he is no longer in the band and the bass player took over vocal duties.
beano

Post by beano »

Genebaby wrote:No, but did I mention I met "Jules from Melbourne" and he was a total dick?

He was wearing a very cool vintage VVI shirt when I met him and I guess I thought a VVI fan would be glad to meet another VVI fan, but no. His shirt was cooler than mine cause it had Robert on it, it was very, very early and Jules is a big rock star, so being approached by the likes of me was too much for the rock star.

I understand he is no longer in the band and the bass player took over vocal duties.
I am assuming this was on the Kruise. Yes Rob Wylde is now the singer.
beano

Post by beano »

Assuming this is the VVI Shirt
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (46.64 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it was on the Kruise and that's the shirt.