Bad Boy

Discuss other bands we like
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Bad Boy

Post by strangeways »

Been reading They Just Seem a Little Weird and it took me down the Bad Boy road.
Enjoy.

"Cheap Trick fans may raise their eyebrows, however, at the name Xeno, considering the lead singer for every single Cheap Trick album has been Robin Zander.

As with the story of the band's naming, Xeno disappears because he left the band shortly after its founding, casting him in the light of Dave Evans, the erstwhile original singer of AC/DC. True, he has enjoyed Midwestern fame with Bad Boys, whose songs such as "Private Party" and "Midnight Love" you can find with some digging.

Even though Cheap Trick's success in the States has never reached the same level as theirs in Japan, the two bands aren't really comparable. Hence, why Xeno still includes "Cheap Trick" as a notable credit on his website 50 years later."

HELLO THERE $250
https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/cheaptrickmilw
https://www.grunge.com/239035/the-truth ... nger-xeno/
"Before guffawing too heavily over bad calls, it's important to remember that in 1973, Cheap Trick hadn't released an album and didn't look like they were necessarily heading anywhere. In OnMilwaukee, Ron Faiola describes how Cheap Trick were cashing after the then-vogue glam look. For them, this meant less over-the-top-theatrics and more "Carlos would wear all white and Xeno would wear a purple jacket with yellow bananas on it." Apparently, this was still too flamboyant for Wisconsin, as the bar manager complained there were too many gay people in the audience.

It was during this time that Xeno met Straight Up, Minnesota's glam rock band. According to Xeno, the band wasted no time poaching Cheap Trick's singer: "They showed up in a white limo and offered me $250 a week if I joined their band, which was a lot for a 21-year-old single guy." So he left to join Straight Up for a while before staying with Bad Boys. For the fans of Cheap Trick, this wasn't a catastrophe. As The Chicago Reader quotes in an oral history of the band's early days, Lauree Rohrig, an early Cheap Trick concertgoer, preferred Robin Zander: "Robin was a great replacement for Xeno. Both had long blond hair and an androgynous look, but Robin was much prettier and had a better voice." As with Pink Floyd's Bob Klose and Chris Dennis, it seems these early departures are less dramatic and more for everyone's benefit."

"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Bad Boy

Post by Genebaby »

Cool, that is a book I am meaning to read one day. One day.

I'm not a huge CT fan so I had no idea about this Xeno guy, but I know about Dave Evans. I'm such a small CT fan that when I posted my video of CT playing at the KK4 Pre-Party there was all this talk of Bun E and I had no real clue what that meant until I looked it up. Then I realised, oh yeah, the drummer from the Dream Police album is pretty recognisable and now I realise he is no longer in the band and people were complaining about that.

To me, it was no big deal, it's funny how these things go. it makes you realise that it's the same with KISS. Not everyeone there, who is enjoying it, is scrutinizing everything down to the last little thing.
Commander in chief - VVF Army