Steve Vai's, NFT's, Secret Jewel Box

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

Steve Vai's, NFT's, Secret Jewel Box

Post by metatron »

The Secret Jewel Box is a ten-CD box set, a collection of music by guitarist Steve Vai, released in 2001. Vai's website describes it as "not a compilation of Vai's catalog, but rather something far more conceptual. The series includes soundtracks, rarities, outtakes and oddities, out of print albums, Vai’s recordings with Frank Zappa and with early bands Alcatrazz and The Classified, acoustic piano interpretations of Vai songs, even an eclectic audio art project."[1]

The box and the first three CDs were released in 2001, with only 10,000 boxes having been manufactured. Those who purchase the box will be notified when the remaining four CDs are ready. The 100-page booklet will be sent out after the last CD is produced to those who have collected all the CDs within the box, although it was 13 years between the release of Disc 6 (2004) and Disc 7 (2017).

Content
Volume Year Album Info
01 2001 The Elusive Light and Sound Vol. 1 Included in Box, Re-released as separate CD in 2002
02 2001 Alcatrazz - "Disturbing the Peace" Included & Only in this Box
03 2001 Frank Zappa Original Recordings; Steve Vai (Archives, Vol. 2) Included & Only in this Box
04 2003 Mystery Tracks (Archives Vol. 3)
05 2003 Various Artists (Archives Vol. 4)
06 2004 "Vai: Piano Reductions, Vol. 1" (by Mike Keneally)
07 2017 Steve Vai & The Classified - Modern Primitive
08 & 09 "Alcatrazz: Panic Jungle [Live In Japan]"
10 "Hot Chunks"

*the, 9th and 10th CD have been Coming SOON for the last 5 Years.
The Box sent is currently 21 years old from the day it was started to Jul 23, 2022
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Steve Vai's, NFT's, Secret Jewel Box

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, that box set is a crazy project, but it looks to be getting there, slowly but surely. I had not heard of it before, but I'm not much of a Vai fan.

I have heard of another box set though.....
Commander in chief - VVF Army