Underated Bands List

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

Underated Bands List

Post by metatron »

First cab off the rank; SHARK PARK

You can tell where Axl Rose got some of his singing style and moves from aka Richard Black.
He even does the SHOCKER hand gesture decades before Steel Panther made it a thing.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Underated Bands List

Post by Genebaby »

Talented band and great singer. It does take more than talent to make it, so many musicians and actors that aren't well known, or didn't get far.

I'm seeing some Axl stuff cause you mentioned it, but this was after AFD so maybe he was channelling a bit of MR Rose?

There was a local originals band here called Paris Calling in the early 90's. I'll have to ask their guitarist if this was where they got the name.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

https://www.sharkislandmusic.com/copy-of-news

'Like a phoenix rising from the proverbial ashes, Los Angeles based arena-hard rock musicians, Shark Island, are no strangers to the music scene. Founded in 1979 by singer Richard Black and guitarist Spencer Sercombe, under the name ‘Sharks’, they independently released their album titled Alter-Ego in 1982, and it wasn’t long before the band branded the LA music scene with their own signature style through their blistering live performances.

In 1985 the band made the decision to rebrand themselves from Sharks to Shark Island, and soon followed up their first album Alter-Ego with a new album known as S’cool Buss. '
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

The singer Richard Black was in Contraband

Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I haven't listened to Contraband in years but on "All the way to Memphis" Schenker really smoked Tracy Gunns pack LOL. Schenker's tone and hand vibrato are world class on this song
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I didn't really listen to them but I remember Contraband, so much so I used that name for my current band over here. I had it up my sleeve and finally began using it about 2017 and hopefully won't need to re-invent the band and change it.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ACK

Post by ACK »

WHITECROSS is underated because there christian. if they werent they'd be bigger than a babys ass.
there is a lot of unkown hair bands that are christian but the only one that got big was the thunderous STRYPER
No actually im a plumber, he fell off his bike, how many more greatest hits?, u unleash da fokin furdy, hey look , it's rock and roll
ACK

Post by ACK »

WHITECROSS kind of reminds me of and but i think the singer SCOTT WENZLE is (I cant beleive im saying this) a better vocalist then steven Pearcy himself. yes i just said that
No actually im a plumber, he fell off his bike, how many more greatest hits?, u unleash da fokin furdy, hey look , it's rock and roll