The ORIGINAL Blizzard Of Ozz

Discuss other bands we like
poserboy71

The ORIGINAL Blizzard Of Ozz

Post by poserboy71 »

Bob Daisley,Randy Rhoads ,Lee Kerslake, Ozzy Osbourne
Two classic albums.The chords , song structure,the band interplay,the themes, the visuals the music gave me...

Randy , Jimmy Crespo (Aerosmith), and Vinnie helped shape my feelings about Rock music.

1981 -onward ,was a really important time in my musical influence and development because I started to realize "I" could make those sounds if I practiced.

Reading my brothers magazines about how Randy was a teacher and a student was inspiring. He was a REAL GUY that studied to grasp his greatness.
Plus ,Randy just looked cool ,owned the stage , and had extremely cool guitars.
Even heterosexual men had to check their sexuality after experiencing Randy.
Women wanted to fuck him, Men wanted to be him.

Without Bob Daisley ,these albums wouldn't have had the same impact.
Lee Kerslake rules.
Ozzy was lucky to be along for the ride.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: The ORIGINAL Blizzard Of Ozz

Post by Genebaby »

Exactly. I am HANGING for the 30th anniversary editions they promised of those two albums.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Post by birnie »

I really don't know much about him or those albums, but did watch a small youtube thing on him the other week and was very impressed that he took guitar lessons (classical maybe?) while on tour!
Good man

..ps.. just had a giggle at Poser's latest orange update to his signature :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You don't know much about Randy???!!!! Smack thyself over the head and start learning!!!!

Randy was due to quit Ozzy's band to pursue full on classical studies prior to his death.

He did "try" to get a classical lesson in different towns while on tour but quite often it was him who wound up giving a lesson.

He was a true guitar genius and a MONSTER of a player.

I prefer the Tribute album, he was just phenomenal live. I am desperate to see this new live footage Sharon and Ozzy have suddenly "found" all these years. To see the master at work is something I'm looking forward to.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

They better release that footage!! I hope it's footage from the Diary tour! I've seen Randy play his solo a few times now and would rather see him play it as they did on the Diary tour as a full band instrumental piece and not a stand alone Randy solo!

I love Tribute, I wore the tape out listening to it. Even the original bootleg version of the same concert is great to listen to. Ozzy didn't even sing that bad on it!!!!! They could have left the vocals as they were. Randy does fluff a few things here and there. Max Norman did an exceptional job on fixing it up. The cut to fix the fluffed start of the Crazy Train solo was SO well done!

As for more Randy stuff, The 2 Quiet Riot albums are pretty bad especially the first one but fun to listen to. Just get the Starwood bootleg video to see what he was like live. The band was a pretty tight live act.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

They frickin better release it alright, especially now that we do know it exists like we have hoped for years.

I wanna get that footage, take it home, put it on the system and crank it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!