Nili Brosh, - DLR's Shy Boy, Steve Vai Solo

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

Nili Brosh, - DLR's Shy Boy, Steve Vai Solo

Post by metatron »

2021-03-31 Nili Brosh Nili Brosh - Shy Boy has gotta be my favorite ever Steve 442282037033658
Attachments
49919300_892326468002131_3590629463237536378_n.mp4
2021-03-31 Nili Brosh Nili Brosh - Shy Boy has gotta be my favorite ever Steve 442282037033658
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Re: Nili Brosh, - DLR's Shy Boy, Steve Vai Solo

Post by shramiac »

Nailed it! 8) 8) 8)

She's gonna end up needing shoulder surgery like Vai did by playing with the guitar on her right leg rather than over her left, classical style. :P :(
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, she is insane, she did an Extreme song that Nuno thought was great.

What do you mean about the right and left leg thing? When I play sitting down the guitar is on my right leg?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 am Yeah, she is insane, she did an Extreme song that Nuno thought was great.

What do you mean about the right and left leg thing? When I play sitting down the guitar is on my right leg?
Vai said the reason for the rotator cuff surgery was due to playing off his right knee. He said his shoulder was always lifted up when playing in this position hence the damage...of course, he was known for playing 10-12 hours a day too! lol

You can see her right shoulder is lifted up slightly when playing.

I play in "classical style" (guitar on left knee for a righty) and both shoulders are in a natural, relaxed postion when playing this way....not that my playing is very natural! :? :? :?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, I've never known or thought about this, but yeah, not all of us play as much as Vai does, and especially how much he used to.

I'll have to give that a go when I can remember.
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 am
Genebaby wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 am Yeah, she is insane, she did an Extreme song that Nuno thought was great.

Vai said the reason for the rotator cuff surgery was due to playing off his right knee. He said his shoulder was always lifted up when playing in this position hence the damage...of course, he was known for playing 10-12 hours a day too! lol

You can see her right shoulder is lifted up slightly when playing.

I play in "classical style" (guitar on left knee for a righty) and both shoulders are in a natural, relaxed postion when playing this way....not that my playing is very natural! :? :? :?
Can you please post the article about Vai and playing position.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ooops! Wasn't quite what I said it was...memory huh?!

He actually used to cross his left leg over his right so the guitar was really up high, thus forcing his shoulder up. My dumbo brain only remembered that the guitar would have been over on his right side rather thn being centred like if in classical position...d'oh!

But anyway, here's the vid. Watch out at the 5:33 mark though!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ahhh, that makes more sense.
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:46 am Ooops! Wasn't quite what I said it was...memory huh?!

He actually used to cross his left leg over his right so the guitar was really up high, thus forcing his shoulder up. My dumbo brain only remembered that the guitar would have been over on his right side rather thn being centred like if in classical position...d'oh!

But anyway, here's the vid. Watch out at the 5:33 mark though!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

All Good man.
I was wonder what cause his injury.
Always good to have this info at hand to help avoid injury,
thanks for finding that & posting it.