sunnyto666

Re: Guns n' Roses

Post by sunnyto666 »

Man, I can not watch them. Just like,, Sweet child O mine''
[color=#FF00FF][/color]I DID IT MY WAY!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I can do without them. They have some good tunes.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Some really great songs, that can't be denied BUT.......Axl urgh! Maybe I could get the songs without vocals??? ha ha
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

I can't stand Axl either.......bleuuuk
Voice or personality
quentin

Post by quentin »

Axl is not that bad. He's the type when hes in a stripped down environment he's cool. But when he gets crowded he tends to freak out abit. If people understood what he had to put with the last days of Guns N Roses more people would understand. There are the Slash fans, and Axl fans. Slash is a nice guy, nice to his fans but hes a fucking douche. Bascially this is what happened to Guns. Slash, and Axl did not get along for years to the point Slash became spiteful. When he first did the Michael Jackson record he may have done it in the same vain Evh did. But alot of Slash playing with Mj was to spite Axl. Axl had gone public about his childhood, and still the band was together. Then after they did "Sympathy for the Devil" Gilby Clarke was out of the band. He sued Axl for using his likeness on the "Spaghetti Incident' (bare in mind his live shows til this day are alot of Guns Covers) Then began the search for someone new. Axl first brought in a guy named Paul huges (forget the last name) who was a friend for Indiana. Then Dave Navarro, and Zakk Wylde came in last. The last song Guns N Roses worked together was the song that eventually became a Velvet Revolver tune called "Fall To Pieces." Slash had an ego prob with Zakk, and Axl described 1 session where they were just to into outplaying each other, more so than working on music. He described it as a Giant Snake wrapped around Godzilla. One of the last times Slash, and Axl were in the studio Slash basically told Axl he was going to do this or that or he was fucking out. Axl said see ya! So the last real Guns N Roses material would actually be Slash first snakepit album, and Fall to Pieces. I have two pesonal Gnr encounters. My Slash story is my fav :). In 2007 I got a hold of Axl's licensing guy whose name was Wayne Nash. I wanted to use the lyrics to "Don't Cry (the alternate version) to one of my own comic stories. The comic was my own creation, and I wanted to find a different way to pay homage to the real Guns. Nothing much came of that deal but considering I was really a noboby then, Axl did hear about my proposal for the story, and he was interested. If I remember Axl wanted me to do a video proposal (which was a first), and the only requirement if it was taken was the project had to have a networth of at least 12k. Not a bad deal in my opinion. But I did NOT trust the people around Axl, and he also ended up firing many of them I do believe which included his management. But all in all people have both good, and bad experiences. My take is Axl is cool but he's a very private person. He was more than a team player in the final days of Gnr, but he wasn't going to be a bitch to Slash.

Now my Slash story, and this is funny. At one time I was trying to work with a fashion designer who worked with Slash, Nikki Sixx, and a few other people that are very well known. I wanted some custom leather clothing for videos I'd been planning. So I had some demo stuff, and was learning alot about analogue recording, and gear. This guy was super, super fucking cool, and recommended I try Nrg studios, which is where alot of bands have recorded from Guns (minus Axl) to Evanescence. Alot of newer bands use the studio as well. That was a very fun time in my life, the studio stayed book, and has 3 huge studios. Studio B has an old neve console, and lots of vintage goodies, so for months I tried to book studio B. So I would call the studio at least 2 to 4 times a month to keep up to date on openings. While I would call there would be alot of cool bands, there was always someone cool in there. After 2 months I was ready to go the studio, and the chick who managed the place was very, very nice, and she knew I was a huge Guns fan. I finally called her one day cause someone had the studio booked up for like a month, after that month had passed I called, and said "Who is in there.....Tell them to get their ass out" joking only mind you. Well I found out that Slash was in there!!!!!! And though many believe he was working on "solo material" I believe whole hearted he was tracking new Guns demos. He was even using the same drummer that played on Chinese Democracy whose name is Josh Freese. Another funny thing is I contacted Freese's talent agent about hiring him for a few songs. He just had a little baby girl, and was busy playing with someone else. That someone else was also Slash. So the solo album Slash came out with not too long ago, is what he was in there recording. I believe he thought Chinese Democracy would flop, and was recording in case to be on Stand by. Axl will never work with him again, and Slash will never be in Guns N Roses. But Axl gets alot of the blame when in fact it came down to it he tried everything to keep the original Guns together, Slash wrote, and did alot of stuff, but really I think Izzy is what kept Axl going through the recording of UYI. When he left Axl really became trapped by Slash. It's wrong to talk about peoples past but I don't think its any big secret that Slash had a bad drug habit. He'd overdosed a few times. But all in all its a no win situation and it falls down to two guys not getting along, or seeing eye to eye. The sad thing about is it should be their beef with each and not the fans. But what happened is the fanbase broke into 3 sections, Axl fans, Slash fans, and those who don't give a fuck about the bullshit, and love the music for what it is. REAL ROCKIN FUCKIN ROLL BABY!!!!!

[youtube][/youtube]

Heres a clip of Slash acting as he did behind the scenes. Axl called him out :).
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great stories QA. Those guys sure are volatile. I think Chinese Democracy is a great album, better than Slash's solo stuff.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
quentin

Post by quentin »

Thank you Gene, I rarely get to ever share them. Same here with Chinese Democracy. I think the only thing about it is it got locked into a certain sound and at least to me sounds air tight digital. I had quite a few of the early demos once, and they were a little more raw than the final tracks. "This I Love" was a really nice surprise, and a song I didn't hear til the release. The first Velvet Revolver album was just ok, it was exciting to me cause it was a hint of what Guns would have sounded like. I saw them live yrs back front row, Scott Weiland was boring, and you could barely hear his voice through the Pa. I love Duff really nice dude, and fav bassist even though he's not all over the bass like Sheenan, and bassist like that. He was all smiles all night. Duff played live with Axl in oct. Though it will never happen I'd love to see the Slash, and the rest of the band together. W/o Adler!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

quentin wrote: He was even using the same drummer that played on Chinese Democracy whose name is Josh Freese. Another funny thing is I contacted Freese's talent agent about hiring him for a few songs. He just had a little baby girl, and was busy playing with someone else. That someone else was also Slash.

This had to be in 2001. I was on tour with a band opening for A Perfect Circle( Josh Freese's band). He had to leave the tour for a few days to be at the hospital for the birth of his child. The drummer for the band I was with filled in for him during those shows.
Josh is a great guy and a great drummer.

NEWBEGINNINGS
quentin

Post by quentin »

No it was 2007. I'm not sure how many children he has but the talent agent told me he just became a new father. I assumed his first child. I'm very sure it was before 2008.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

He had his first child on the tour I was on. Most likely he and the Mrs. have had more.

NEWBEGINNINGS
quentin

Post by quentin »

His talent agent was one of the nicer ones I've met. I never got a rate for how much it would have cost for him to do a session. Josh charged different amounts depending on the gig. I like a Perfect Circle. I really like his drumming on Evanescence Fallen. When he was recording Chinese Demo, there was a period when his drum kit stayed in the studio for almost like a yr mic'ed up collecting dust. He decided to move on. The guy that came in after Brain Axl wanted him to play just like Josh. So many drummers sound the same to me, I think it's rare you see a drummer with a real signature style Josh has one, and seems like he'd be a very nice guy.