Steve Stevens plays Squier Hello Kitty Stratocaster

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

Steve Stevens plays Squier Hello Kitty Stratocaster

Post by metatron »

I guessing the whole 'playing Hello Kiity/Pokemon' guitars and drum kits start with Josie Stevens (Steve Steven's Wife) giving Steve a Hello Kitty
during the filming of the reality show, Married to Rock.

https://myglobalmind.com/2019/02/16/roc ... illy-idol/
'Rob: Speaking of guitars, what became of the Les Paul you tossed in the reality show, Married to Rock, during an argument with your wife as well as the Hello Kitty guitar?

Steve: (Laughing) The Hello Kitty guitar is in storage. At first, it was for the joke and then I actually liked the way it sounds and used it on tour for Mony Mony. Its kind of a silly thing. Also when my wife isn’t on the road with me, it kind of reminds me of her.

Les Paul was trashed.

Rob: Did the neck break?

Steve: Yeah, I’ll say this; you can’t always believe everything you see on TV (Laughing)'

Attachments
Steve Stevens Hell-Oh Kitty 4996440135_dab97d76eb_z.jpg
Steve Stevens Hell-Oh Kitty 4996440135_dab97d76eb_z.jpg (100.73 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Re: Steve Stevens plays Squier Hello Kitty Stratocaster

Post by metatron »

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

MrSirTrevor

Post by MrSirTrevor »

I love Steve Stevens, love his work. Billy Idol on the other hand.......a girl I dated back in high school (back in in Idol's mid-80's heyday) totally played his music way too much for my liking. I was into Maiden, Slayer, Raven, VoiVod, Coroner, Uriah Heep, etc.......hell, I even loved The Tubes! But back then, to me anyhow, Billy Idol was the male version of Joan Jett, lol. Too bubble-gummy for my liking. Fast forward 30 years and I see (hear) it differently, at least as far as Billy Idol is concerned. Joan Jett, nah!
I'm Sir Trevor Gielgud Burton-Guinness, And I Approved This Message
metatron

Post by metatron »

I always loved Billy Idol. All of it. Cyberpunk album -all of it. I was into all the metal stuff, but liked the nu wave, punk, post punk stuff too. Sisters of Mercy, Lords of the New Church... etc - I was into it. & for me, Billy having Steve Stevens was a big plus cause it had that element of Shred Guitarist in a very commercial environment. I felt like Steve Stevens was this uncover agent penetrating a side of the music scene that was less guitar oriented and making way for easy for other to include guitar solos in songs. eg Dirty Diana, Black Cat. Back then, it felt like a little shred solo had became the norm in pop songs.
MrSirTrevor

Post by MrSirTrevor »

metatron wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:04 pm I always loved Billy Idol. All of it. Cyberpunk album -all of it. I was into all the metal stuff, but liked the nu wave, punk, post punk stuff too. Sisters of Mercy, Lords of the New Church... etc - I was into it. & for me, Billy having Steve Stevens was a big plus cause it had that element of Shred Guitarist in a very commercial environment. I felt like Steve Stevens was this uncover agent penetrating a side of the music scene that was less guitar oriented and making way for easy for other to include guitar solos in songs. eg Dirty Diana, Black Cat. Back then, it felt like a little shred solo had became the norm in pop songs.
The 80's had excellent music, all of the punk variants were good, very good - I had 1 or 2 tapes of Lords of the New Church - I totally forgot about them, just added to my Spotify though! I still remember the first time I heard a group called the Altar Boys back around 1986 or 87. A buddy of mine gave me their tape to borrow and after that I bought everything they ever made. I totally dig when bands either stay together forever, or at least reunite occasionally. Thankfully these guys still do.
I'm Sir Trevor Gielgud Burton-Guinness, And I Approved This Message
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer man, the 80's were killer Good.
I'm Missing The Young Days.
metatron

Post by metatron »

"Who Wants to Be Lonely" Stanley, Child, Jean Beauvoir