Impellitteri

Discuss other bands we like
fullshredd

Impellitteri

Post by fullshredd »

I've known Chris for many years through phone and email, but we never met. I was the genesis behind the Dean Shred Spider Impellitteri model that went into a very limited run because Chris never approved the final version (neck radius issues). Then he started working with Grover, Shannon, Charvel, etc. Chris had a limited Japan-only sig model. My '99 felt better than his prototype C.I. model. Wow! The Spider is the prototype which he graciously gave me about 7 years ago. So, after over a decade of correspondence, I give you the man, the legend...

Rob Rock, the melodic voice of metal!

James Pulli, bassist extraordinaire~

Patrik Johannson, the viking commander behind the Impellitteri kit. The last time I hung out the Pat was in 2004 and he remembered that night like it was yesterday. Amazing memory during the Yngwie days \m/ \m/

This was a rehearsal session of which Impellitteri played 3 before flying over Japan to promote his Nature of The Beast album Japan next month. This was the first show he did in 2 years and I can't remember the last time Chris played the East coast.
Last edited by fullshredd on Sun May 19, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
poserboy71

Re: Impellitteri

Post by poserboy71 »

Patrik is a HUGE Vinnie Vincent fan.
If I am recalling correctly, I believe he was wearing a VVI t-shirt one of the times I saw him perform.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

poserboy71 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:00 pm Patrik is a HUGE Vinnie Vincent fan.
If I am recalling correctly, I believe he was wearing a VVI t-shirt one of the times I saw him perform.
That's exactly how we started talking - after I saw his KISS tat on his right arm. We talked about VV even going back 15 years :wink:
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Drew, you have met so many of these great performers and here is yet another and you got the axes signed. Great job again and man that looked quite special.

So glad for you!

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great stuff!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Slayer wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:29 pm Drew, you have met so many of these great performers and here is yet another and you got the axes signed. Great job again and man that looked quite special.

So glad for you!

Kev
It was a blast to see Impellitteri perform and to hang with Chris at least for a bit to chew the fat. The clincher was that I didn't contact him before he came. I said "do you know who I am"? He replied..."Hmmmm..... you kinda look familiar..." Then I opened the case to the Dean. His eyes opened wide and said "DREW?? No friggin' way" :lol:

Last edited by fullshredd on Sun May 19, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Genebaby wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:05 pmGreat stuff!!
Thank you Genebaby! :D
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Really awesome. DREW !
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Drew... the Benjamin Button of the VVFF! :D Dang!

A great story and great pictures, Drew. So nice when meeting heroes, they turn out to be good guys.

Hope the gig rocked.... as if it didn't! :P I hope you didn't have to "Stand in Line" too long! :roll: :twisted:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

shramiac wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 am Drew... the Benjamin Button of the VVFF! :D Dang!

A great story and great pictures, Drew. So nice when meeting heroes, they turn out to be good guys.

Hope the gig rocked.... as if it didn't! :P I hope you didn't have to "Stand in Line" too long! :roll: :twisted:
They're all super nice guys. When I was was in Cali a couple of years ago in Chris' neck of the woods he invited me over to hang but logistics would have it. Maybe next time, but that's just Chris. Super awesome dude 8)