The Local Band

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

The Local Band

Post by metatron »

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue.
(instead of waiting for Godot, cause it seems like he is never going to arrive)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Local_Band
The Local Band is Finnish hard rock supergroup formed in 2013. The band got its start when Children of Bodom's Alexi Laiho and The 69 Eyes' Jussi 69 expressed interest in playing some of their favorite songs together.[1] Jussi 69 then asked Reckless Love frontman Olli Herman to join, and the initial line-up was rounded out by Santa Cruz's Archie Cruz.[1] Dubbed "The Local Band", the group played their first show on December 27, 2013 at the Tavastia Club in Helsinki, Finland, which was sold-out.[2] The band then played at the Ruisrock festival in Turku, Finland in July 2014.[3] The group initially intended to play only once a year.[4]

In August 2015, The Local Band once again performed at the Tavastia Club, after which they played for the first time in Japan at the Loud Park Festival in October.[1] In December 2015, the group released an EP of seven cover songs entitled Locals Only - Dark Edition. The release charted at number 20 on the Finnish Album Chart, with the track "Sunglasses at Night" also being released as a single.[1][5] In August 2016, The Local Band played Nosturi in Helsinki, followed by the WaterXfest in Jyväskylä in September.[6][7]

In March 2018, the band embarked on a three date Finnish tour, during which Samy Elbanna of Lost Society filled in for Archie Cruz.[8][9] In June 2018, The Local Band toured Japan and opened for Hollywood Vampires in Helsinki.[10][11] Afterwards the group announced that Elbanna had replaced Cruz in the band.[12]

Last edited by metatron on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Re: The Local Band

Post by metatron »

:) Vic rockin' it Alexi Laiho style!
Attachments
IMG_20161014_152019 copy.jpg
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Blimey, I don't even remember that picture!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ugh! That shirt! :P

How old is this pic?

Cool looking "granite" finish on that one. She's an ESP I presume? "Sawtooth" headstock is different.

Pawn shop up here has the cheapest, bolt-on version for sale for a couple $100.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(