Oz Fox falls over on stage

Discuss other bands we like
shramiac

Oz Fox falls over on stage

Post by shramiac »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/strype ... las-vegas/

Bugger! Just bought my ticket and booked flights and accommodation to see them in Sydney this Saturday night! Hope he's okay health wise of course.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Kuron

Re: Oz Fox falls over on stage

Post by Kuron »

Saw this earlier. Definitely keeping him in our prayers here. Stryper was one of my main bands during their heyday.
Vinnie who?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Vinnie who?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes, not a great thing to see for Oz. He was my first "rock star" autograph from back in '89. Hope he gets better ASAP.

The Stryper Trio experience will be an interesting thing this weekend. Should still be fun.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

Sad to hear that about Oz. Hope he gets better soon.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Yeah , not great to hear.
I hope he pulls through ok.

Still, it'll be great to see them this weekend.
A first for me, very excite !

Some other boofhead from the forum will be there too :lol: 8) :?
Maybe we'll get a selfie this time :P
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

shramiac wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:47 am The Stryper Trio experience will be an interesting thing this weekend. Should still be fun.
It will definitely be different to not hear the guitar harmonies as well as Oz's vocals. Major kudos to the guys for NOT using a temp fill-in.

As horrible as it sounds, this may be a blessing in disguise. If this is remotely serious, it is best caught early like this.
Vinnie who?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

There's a Go Fund Me page for him. Guessing Stryper has never been the cash cow that many people think they might be? Why he had no health insurance is a mystery to me? Or if at least the band had an insurance plan? Maybe they do and it doesn't count because he wasn't doing a Stryper gig? Best wishes to him and his family though.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-oz-fox-pa ... ical-bills
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Read today they will be doing a brain biopsy on Oz. Truly hoping for the best.

shramiac wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:41 pm Guessing Stryper has never been the cash cow that many people think they might be?
Timothy addressed that after he was fired:

"My recommendation to Oz and Bob [STRYPER drummer Robert Sweet]? Grow some balls and stand up to that pathetic one and his conniving wife" — apparently referring to STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet — "or just continue to live a life of mediocrity. You both have been threatened with termination over the last several years. He has a million-dollar home. You rent and drive twenty-year-old broken-down cars. You both have NOTHING to show for your thirty-five years. Quit playing rock star and get a clue, dumbshitz."
Vinnie who?