Post by Genebaby »

No way, is that the real deal?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Re: Aerosmith's Original Tour Van

Post by poserboy71 »

Very real.
So cool that it was found.
That should be/ WILL be hanging from the rafters at the RNRHOF in Cleveland .
I'd say it's a bit more deserving than the U2 Zooropa vehicles that hang there although they look cool .
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Yes, it is the real deal and the story has really spread over the weekend. A couple of articles below.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/08/ ... woods.html
https://www.history.com/news/american-p ... osmith-van

It is interesting to me, just for the make and model of the van. I was born in Jan of '69, and although these vans were supposedly still around when I was little, this is the first time I have actually seen one. Living through the tail end of the hippie generation, I have seen almost every kind of van on the road there is. I love Americana and at my age seeing something old that is "new to you" is both rare and pretty darn cool. :mrgreen:
Vinnie who?
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Cool van! I saw Joe Perry a few weeks ago with Alice and Johnny Depp. Joe was supercool. Billy idol and steve Stevens opened for them. Great concerts!
say two sky two say fare
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

tukoztukoz wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:33 am Cool van! I saw Joe Perry a few weeks ago with Alice and Johnny Depp. Joe was supercool. Billy idol and steve Stevens opened for them. Great concerts!
Awesome show! Joe Perry is criminally underrated as a guitarist. Steve Stevens & Vinnie are my only two guitar heroes from the 80s until now. Steve is so versatile.
Vinnie who?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Kuron wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:11 pm I was born in Jan of '69,

Is that all? The way you've been talking, I thought you were in your 70's!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is cool that the van was found....Tyler paying for the recovery? :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

shramiac wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:26 am Is that all? The way you've been talking, I thought you were in your 70's!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am so old, I fart dust and cobwebs. :cry: In seriousness, I am an old soul. Destroyed my knees in the Army in '87 when I was 18, lived in chronic pain since. Throw in heart and kidney issues (all genetic) and many 70 year olds are in better shape than me. :mrgreen:
Vinnie who?
slim87

Post by slim87 »

So freakin' cool!!!