Pat Torpey passed away

Discuss other bands we like
ankh

Pat Torpey passed away

Post by ankh »

Pat Torpey passed away from complications of Parkinson's disease.
Frm Blabbermouth:
MR. BIG bassist Billy Sheehan said: "Pat Torpey has been my closest friend in music for over 30 years. He passed away yesterday from complications as a result of Parkinson's disease.

"Pat was one of the finest human beings I've ever had the privilege of knowing, and the honor of working with. All of us in MR. BIG had nothing but the highest respect and admiration for him. He is loved by anyone and everyone who ever met him. And surely one of the finest rock drummers the world has ever known.

"Please keep his sweet wife and wonderful son in your prayers."

"I love you, Pat. You made the world a better place. We will miss you. We will never forget you. Rest in peace, my brother."
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
shramiac

Re: Pat Torpey passed away

Post by shramiac »

Yes it sucks arse! My old boy has Parkinson’s and some days it’s not pretty. Pat was far too young though.
First heard him on the Impellitteri album then obviously with Mr.Big. I played their first two albums A LOT back in the day and still love them today. The Live ‘92 video is just a great bare bones, no frills, kick arse show. Four guys at their peak.

Vale Pat. Enjoy your Tama Starclassic kit and A Custom cymbals upstairs.

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great guy.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"