Metallica ...And justice for all remaster

Discuss other bands we like
VVInvasion

Metallica ...And justice for all remaster

Post by VVInvasion »

... And justice for all from Metallica is being remastered! There really should have been more bass. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metall ... ck-albums/
Gear:
B.C. Rich Mockingbird STQ
B.C. Rich Warlock MK3 w/Floyd Rose Special
Squier Strat
poserboy71

Re: Metallica ...And justice for all remaster

Post by poserboy71 »

...And Jason For All.
...Amd Justice For Jason.

THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Damn. Unfortunately they are just remastering it, not giving it a full remix, which is what is really needed to fix the bass. The bass sounds this way because of the way the drums sound, so it's a bit of a sonic puzzle.

Fans have been upping the bass themselves, like above, but it doesn't sound right. I'd love to love it, but it just sounds like what it really is, a fan adjusting the bass, cause that's all they can really do.

If they don't do it now, they never will.

These box sets are cool, all the extra stuff has been great so far. And Justice is just about my favourite period, they were still super cool and at the peak of their powers. The Seattle show from 89 is fantastic.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Maybe they can fix bass a little though. It was always a bit tinny. I never liked the album, I remember buying it the day it came out and feeling it was such a let down
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think it's a great album, they just borked the sound, a bit like Hotter Than Hell, but not as bad. Both great albums that could have been done better at the time of release.

HTH has been remastered, it sounds the same, like AJFA will when the new box set is released.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The sound of that album was a great risk that was successful in that it separated Metallica from the gloss and orchestration of other late 80's Rock/Metal records. I also feel it was a silent tribute/statement to Cliff Burton. No bass on the album because their bassist is dead.
Bass would've been nice but the version they released at the time has it's place. I have fond memories and feelings when I hear it. It takes me back a bit...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It takes me back almost 30 years! Lol
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Rick you are correct. I am going on my memory as a 13 year old. I remember being a bit pissed off top 40 kids were saying they like Metallica.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

From memory I saw the Metallica and justice for all / Qyeensryche tour and the us monsters of rock your van halen, scorpions, Metallica, dokken and kingdom come and I also saw Metallica / Danzig in Europe. Danzig had not gotten their album out in time for the tour I think so no one knew who they were unless you knew samhain and misfits which to be honest was a slightly different group of people and it had been a few years so glen Danzig was not on the tip of people's tongues.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 am glen Danzig was not on the tip of people's tongues.

His jaw was on the tip of Vivian Campbell's fist though! :P :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(