Mark Slaughter Playing a Gold "First Five" Rhoads V

Discuss other bands we like
VinceVandergraff

Mark Slaughter Playing a Gold "First Five" Rhoads V

Post by VinceVandergraff »

I'm not sure if this topic has come up before, but I just discovered it for the first time the other day. "Scrap Metal", a project band featuring Mark Slaughter, Bobby Rock, Nelsons, and other various musicians, apparently did live shows back in 2013. What's interesting about this is the fact that Mark Slaughter is playing a Gold Jackson "First Five" Rhoads Flying V, just like Vinnie's from the Creatures tour! Now, I'm sure this is no coincidence, but I've never read/listened to any kind of interview with Mark with this detail being brought up into question. Anyone out there have any insight into this? Also when he did this was 2013, which peculiar enough, would have been the 30th anniversary of the Creatures tour.

poserboy71

Re: Mark Slaughter Playing a Gold "First Five" Rhoads V

Post by poserboy71 »

Jackson guitars did put out a small run of ANNIVERSARY guitars and they actually associated the run with VINNIE VINCENT.
There are other videos where Mark talks about the guitar in brief by saying that "This is just like Vinnie's...".
I have spoken and messaged with Mark about this guitar and will probably purchase it from him in a month when I am in Nashville for the podcast convention that our very own Chris Czynszak is putting on through his Decibel Geek podcast connections.
It looks as if Mark and Bobby will be there.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

Yes I knew about the run. There were 30 made for the 30th anniversary by Jackson master luthier Mike Shannon. However, I'd never seen nor knew about Mark owning one, or playing it on a stage, until seeing this video the other day. Very cool if he's willing to sell it to you though. I'm guessing he got it with a small visual tribute to Vinnie in mind, to those that would recognize and know the guitar. It would have been cool if Mark had played it the other night when his solo band did "That Time Of Year" live.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:48 pm
I have spoken and messaged with Mark about this guitar and will probably purchase it from him in a month

I hate you so much! :P :twisted:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

These gold 30th were definitely made for VVFF members!!!!
say two sky two say fare
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

I think these were made in 2010. 30 indeed, they are numbered on the back of the headstock. Since the original gold ones most probably dont excists anymore these are the closest you get to the original. Makes me wonder, were these gold flake Jacksons produced for the market back in 82/83?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie got the earliest Rhoads guitars for the Creatures tour, before they went into production for general public purchase, that's why it was particularly exciting for him, being in KISS and using a futuristic guitar.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Think he got the only gold flake ones, didn't he? Any production model would have been a hard tail or Kahler equiped too I think as Floyd had joined up with Kramer by then?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Unless the Floyd was purchased by the customer and given to Jackson to install all guitars of this period were Kahler equipped if they had a trem, except the odd traditional Fender style trem.

Then Jackson could put out the JT6 Floyd copy in 87 for production use, and again, you could supply your Floyd if you really wanted. Good times the 80's, it was a real custom shop.
Commander in chief - VVF Army