My faves

Discuss other bands we like
Skwint

My faves

Post by Skwint »

just to let you folks know a bit more about me -

Got into metal in 1980 through my cousin who let me hear Highway to hell - was hooked - aged 8, spent the next few years listening to Maiden / AC/DC and Kiss, then discovered Motley Crue and Hanoi Rocks - that was it i was hooked on Glam - i did to my embarrasment leave it all behind when grunge appeared as i just couldnt get into it - sold all my stuff like a twat and bought drugs instead.

I have spent the last 15 years getting all my stuff back - and a whole heap of dosh to do it with - still dont have everything but have most. Now i have to get it on 2 formats - Vinyl - still love the vinyl and CD so i can put it on my ipod

Fave bands as follows;

no exact order

Motley Crue
Hanoi Rocks
Ratt
Kix
VVI
Dogs D'amour
AC/DC
iron Maiden
megadeth
Kiss
Twisted sister
You get the picture - seen all but Kix unfortunately - would have loved to but they never come over here and at the mo i cant afford a trip to the US of A.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: My faves

Post by Genebaby »

Nice list. I like most of those but I never really got into grunge. I did like Nirvana, got to seem them on their only tour here in 92 but never liked Soundgarden and especially don't care for Pearl Jam. I like the Australian band Silverchair a lot but not their first album, which totally sounds like Seattle grunge to me.

It was funny seeing Gene and Paul on the cover of a metal mag here in flannies during the grunge era. Like, what's the point. Kiss isn't a grunge band, just dress cool, not down to be a "hip" grunge person. Oh well. Those times are gone, thank satan.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

yeah grunge didnt do it for me - i left metal and went rave due to XTC - thankfully i knocked that on the head tho and came to my sences again - funny thing is to escape the drugs i buggered of to Australia for a year - came back and started getting my old tunes back.

So i have Oz to thank for my metal ressurgence - lol.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Where did you go in Australia?
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

i flew into Cairns from Bali and travelled all down the East coast till i got to melbourne then ran out of cash and went home via Bali and Thailand. it was cassettes back then so i had a rucksack full of tapes - heavy fuckin thing it was - 1996
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool stuff. You did some nice traveling.