Steel Panther: Lower the Bar

Discuss other bands we like
shramiac

Steel Panther: Lower the Bar

Post by shramiac »

Meh!

Sadly, Steel Panther are suffering from "Amy Schumer Syndrome" and it sounds old and kind of stale. The music still kicks and all the performances are great as usual but it's losing its lustre! Unfortunately, if they changed their lyrical content, they'd be bashed in a similar way that KISS were with The Elder!

Still 1000 times better to listen to than Amy Schumer though! :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
BinaryFinary

Re: Steel Panther: Lower the Bar

Post by BinaryFinary »

I quite liked it, especially Poontang Boomerang. It's definitely weaker than then All You Can Eat, none of the songs are nearly as strong as the singles from that album.
Seems like a lot of the songs off this album are great, but are kind of getting a bit generic. I noticed this the most on "Anything Goes" when that first dropped, it really seemed forced and the lyrics weren't particularly clever, or interesting, or funny :P
Still love them though, and the album is solid overall.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Yes, I love Steel Panther! A big thank you to Shram for introducing me to them years ago!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And in turn, thank Dannii for his introduction of them to me!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Go the Panther!!!

Death to all butt metal!!!!! LOL....
Commander in chief - VVF Army