Carlos Cavazo Retires

Discuss other bands we like
poserboy71

Carlos Cavazo Retires

Post by poserboy71 »

Taken from an article on Stephen Pearcy. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the video in the link. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
http://www.metalsludge.tv/?p=47624

TELL THE WORLD
From the Ashes of Ratt, Stephen Pearcy proves he is alive and well in triumphant Whisky performance
By Gerry Gittelson
Metal Sludge Editor at Large

HOLLYWOOD – Ratt was once among the world’s biggest acts, but all that remains from the Los Angeles group’s legacy is Stephen Pearcy in the wake of the curly-haired singer’s permanent departure last year, in addition to bassist Robbie Crane joining Black Star Riders, drummer Bobby Blotzer taking a medical leave and co-guitarist Carlos Cavazo quietly announcing just recently his retirement from the music business...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Re: Carlos Cavazo Retires

Post by shramiac »

Tight band and nice sound...Pearcy still can't sing for shit!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Carlos Cavazo Retires

Post by Genebaby »

Carlos retired? Damn, it was great with him, especially when Juan returned.

It still sucks that Stephen could not remain Ratt, the fans are the ones who miss out.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Juan and Warren need to continue, bring back Carlos (cool guy), and get a new drummer and singer.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

CC is one of the nicest and decent rockstars I have ever met. He was always on a hiding to nothing with the Randy Rhoads connection, but I met him several times with Quiet Riot and he was charming personified. He even replied to a fan letter I sent him to Pasha Recording Studios in 1984.
I met QR 3 times in the UK ('83 supporting Judas Priest) and '84 Metal Health Tour. ALL the band were brilliant. I don't care for the snide and nasty remarks made about Kevin DuBrow, he was great to me and my friend Paul. Frankie Banali was a fun guy. Rudy Sarzo was VERY quiet and almost shy.
VERY sad Cavazo didn't reach his full potential, he was a great shredder and a great player.
Hope he enjoys his retirement.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Alan, The facts are that Kevin glad-handed you because you were a fan. That is cool. If all of the stories are true about Vinnie, he did that to me as well. It leaves you with a great memory. Kevin was an absolute dickhead that died of a cocaine overdose. FUCK HIM.
Frankie knew where his bread was buttered and had his lips firmly attached to Kevin's honey-hole. I never understood any accolade that he received. His drumming is mediocre at best.
Sarzo wished for his Whitesnake days verbally in front of people. Sarzo had a Mel Bay arpeggio book in his case.
Cavazo was the ONLY cool member of that lineup. Too bad that his high end hearing seemed shot.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Carlos played outstanding during his tenure in Ratt
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

poserboy71 wrote:. Kevin was an absolute dickhead that died of a cocaine overdose. FUCK HIM.
Frankie knew where his bread was buttered and had his lips firmly attached to Kevin's honey-hole. I never understood any accolade that he received. His drumming is mediocre at best.
Kevin, even as a cocaine addict was worth listening to than reading your posts. Banali is a seasoned session drummer, MUCH in demand!
They BOTH achieved more than VV EVER did.
What a nasty little post you made.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

AlanF wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:. Kevin was an absolute dickhead that died of a cocaine overdose. FUCK HIM.
Kevin, even as a cocaine addict was worth listening to than reading your posts. Banali is a seasoned session drummer, MUCH in demand!
They BOTH achieved more than VV EVER did.
What a nasty little post you made.
I had to live on a bus with them for a month or so. I stand by my word. Blunt truth .
I have always said that Kevin delivered the goods . He always was in great "KEVIN VOICE".
Banali-MEDIOCRE
Sarzo-PEDESTRIAN playing/longed for the Coverdale days
Cavazo-SOLID guitarist and human ( moreso in the early/mid-80's guitar-wise)

Definitely NOT a band of brothers. Good scattered tunes in their catalog . Not an ALBUM band.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes scattered band I agree.
Bye Bye
madvincent

Post by madvincent »

I saw them last january at house of blues anaheim. last ratt show to this day :( anyway, when introducing each member of the band at the end of the show, he didn't remember carlos cavazo's name ! :shock:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's pretty sad, but not uncommon for Pearcy unfortunately.

I rated Frankie as a good drummer, I liked his work on The Headless Children, and whatever parts of The Crimson Idol he did, the drums on that are killer.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

Was never too crazy about QR, maybe 3 good songs on most of the albums. I always liked Carlos as a guitarist, was great to see him with Ratt. Also, to back up Rick's claim, he really is a nice dude. I dated his cousin at one point, that's how I got my QR record signed. :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

And Carlos is back! Even better, he's back with Ratt!

Or at least it's Ratt without Bobby, who is touring with a band named Ratt by himself.

Remains to be seen what happens, but it's very exciting to see this lineup back together.
14502902_1153952284674801_1165356571121992866_n.jpg
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Should call themselves The Rodents!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

how about... Rattt
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sadly it looks like Carlos has retired again, for the terrible reason that Warren is gone from Ratt.

This update just came out, spruking new members to join Stephan and Juan, but no mention of who they are.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ratts- ... -croucier/

Carlos chose to leave when Warren was let go.

I can't believe they fired Warren, and that Stephan and Juan are together. These guys are so disfunctional.

Things were looking so good......
birnie

Post by birnie »

Sucks nuts !

Gotta have Warren !
And I'm not die hard Ratt fan but to me....as a replacement guitarist, i thought Carlos fit in quite well.
Double bumma
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, a double bumma for sure. They had a great line-up, and now it's all ruined.