GnR tomorrow night

Discuss other bands we like
Genebaby
Site Admin

GnR tomorrow night

Post by Genebaby »

Tomorrow night GnR play a huge show for the V8 Supercar finale weekend in Sydney at the same Stadium AC/DC played earlier in the year.

I will be driving straight there after working on Saturday and straight back after to work on Sunday!! Lucky I have Monday off to recover!

I'll be catching up with Dannii at the show and I plan to wear my VVI shirt again, there might be a fan in the audience, you never know....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Re: GnR tomorrow night

Post by shramiac »

Hope it goes well for you and Dannii! The Townsville show was a stinker by all accounts! 2 hours late and pretty sloppy!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Two hours late? He's still pulling that crap? I'm leaving work to go to this show so the start time is important to me.

Why is Axl such a pain in the ass?

I can't see how it would be sloppy, he has a really good band and I've got bootlegs of this tour and the band was great.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Reviews are mixed but I found out that the whole show was running late, with Korn (yuch) only finished their set 10mins before GnR were supposed to start.

Bad management of the show or something there. Oh well, I got my ticket, I'm gonna use it.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Off to Sydney from Canberra now!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What a waste of time! GnR actually started really early so by the time I got there, I just turned back. I don't think there was a support band maybe???

Spoke with Dannii along the way and found out as I was arriving at the site so didn't bother stopping to park.

Oh well. Went for a good drive in the car, got more sleep than I otherwise would have and watched the Matrix on the way back. Now I want to see the other two again.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Also, as a consolation, I will be seeing the mighty Wiggles show this coming Wednesday with my daughter, so that is just gonna rock so much I will have forgotten who GnR even are!!! They are doing it in the round again!! :twisted:
warmachine:D

Post by warmachine:D »

the Wiggles?? Like the ones who sing the Hot Potato song? eeeeek. How scary.. lol
1SG of the VVFF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

They are great fun for the kiddies. I wasn't a fan until I had my daughter. I never thought of them as scary before though.

Ah, and that is probably because you've never seen one of those dolls :shock: My sister used to have one, and it was super creepy. But then again- I am pretty much scared of everything.
1SG of the VVFF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I don't know the doll you're talking about. How cool would it be to have a doll of yourself though? 8)

Okay, if there was a doll of me it'd be worse than the Wiggle dolls lol :lol:
1SG of the VVFF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

If there were dolls of most people they would usually have lots of pins in them!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Don't forget that the Wiggles started off as a band called The Cockroaches! AND they were a spectacular failure! Drew a crowd of 8 people to one of their gigs in Cairns!!!!! Then they found out where the real money was to be earned!!! "Whored' themselves to the kiddie market! Wish I'd thought of doing that! :cry: :cry:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And sorry what happened to you GB! Still as you said it is a nice drive to Sydney from Canberra. The Hume Highway is just amazing to drive on. Especially in rental cars when you're young and stupid! :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

How many Wiggles were in the Cockroaches? I didn't mind a couple of their songs and looked them up on Youtube and could only recognise Anthony and Geoff.

It was a pretty good drive, lots of rain on the way which made it exciting, what with me passing all the cars.

There wasn't so much rain on the way back. Bloody rain, we've had enough of it now!!
birnie

Post by birnie »

Sorry to hear about the Gunners experience....

On another side note, gave my first watch of Wiggles today with my daugther :)
Not too bad.

Be warned though, never buy anything from the Hooley Dooleys!
OMG!
Such a Wiggles rip and a bad one too.
And bad as in, you genuinly have that 'embarrarassed for them' feal.....ewwwwwww
Luckily it was given too me, and i can see why :?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You win some you lose some, but I was thinking of giving the show a complete miss and just keep working over the weekend but I decided I would try to make the show, but I didn't try hard enough or have the right info about what was going on.

Never heard of the Hooley Dooley's, but I feel bad enough about some of the Wiggles' early performances, they were really cringeworthy, but it all paid off in the end.

We don't watch much Wiggles anymore but will still catch the show when they are in town, which is pretty much December 8, 9 or 10 for the past three Decembers. Our first show was December 9 2008 when I was interviewed by the Canberra Times and Serena had her pic and name in the article, which was very cool.