Tesla

Discuss other bands we like
Genebaby
Site Admin

Tesla

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, I've absolutely loved these guys for years. Not only is their music excellent but they are great guys who I considered a modern day Led Zepp in the way they played "thinking man's rock" music, with some fun songs thrown in.

Not sure if it's on Youtube, but the first song from their 2008 live DVD is all killer, no filler. Frank Hannon, who is a monster guitarist and new guy Dave Rude rip it up on Comin' Atcha Live. A song which is normally cool live but here it's fantastic, straight out of the bat!

I will have to upload it one day if it's not already on the tube.

The original other guitarist Tommy was really cool but couldn't keep it together, Ace style, so had to get replaced, thought he did get a second chance and they only replaced him after that second time. Dave Rude is great so it's fine now, as before it was just Frank and it wasn't as good not having the twin guitar assault in Tesla.

Anybody else a fan?

I finally got to see them live three years ago now when they finally toured Australia, though I was sick as a dog, which sucked. I've always been a member of their fan club too.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVV

Re: Tesla

Post by VVV »

I dig Tesla. I saw Jeff perform with his daughter last summer actually. He sounded awesome! Really cool, down-to-Earth dude with a very unique voice.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That would describe Jeff pretty good Drew. The whole band is pretty down to earth. I sure hope they tour here again.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I saw them so many times. They opened up for just about everyone in '89 and '90. I was not really a fan back then but will take a listen now.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

A solid band that I have yet to see live in person. Their 2009 live DVD is smokin' !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Dino, check out The Great Radio Controversy and Psychotic Supper.
doublev

Post by doublev »

the band i never liked was 'dangerous toys' ... they opened for everyone