The Sugababes!

Discuss other bands we like
Genebaby
Site Admin

The Sugababes!

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, nobody freak out, but I also really like The Sugababes!

It began innocently enough, as I wasn't really aware of them save for the song Round Round, and then the video for Push The Button came out and I paid more attention, but only to the video.

Hearing it on the radio I really began to like it so I got an album, which I think was the Taller In More Ways one, and found it to be filled with some very good songs with very good singing.

One thing led to another and I became a big fan of theirs as well. They are very interesting in how they started out and how their early songs had a bit of an edge to them, with girls being tough and independent. I have a daughter so this is cool to me.

The edge they had was mainly supplied by Mutya, who left shortly after Push The Button was released, which as it turns out was a very different video for them as it was one of their sexiest.

Then they put out a greatest hits with two great new songs on it, one of which was Easy, which is FRICKIN' FANTASTIC, it's still my ring tone today, I will change it to a Lady Gaga one when I get around to it.

Easy is a fantastic pop tune but again goes against the grain of earlier work as they sing about being "easy" and the video is quite sexy again. The lyrics are actually quite filthy and I find them funny for that. Landing strips, check my engine, being wet.....etc.....

So it's 2007, I'm a huge fan, except I don't really listen to the first album save the songs on the Best Of and they release two albums of the "new" lineup without founding member Mutya, both of which I quite like.

Then just around my birthday last year I get a shock email that they had basically kicked out the only other founding member of the band in favour of the other two and they just sourced the new girl from some British talent competition show. Fuck me, what's going on.

This is after they released a new single and video for an upcoming album. Crazy stuff.

So they announce that the album will be coming out with re-done vocals by the new girl but it gets pushed back a few months so they can make a better job of it.

I'm not a super fan of the new album and therefore the new lineup so I"m spewing that I didn't seem them here when they toured in about 2003 I think it was.

How's that for different? I just thought I'd share and try to explain how I came to like them and that the new album was a bit of a let down.

In the 80's I was a strict "metal only" music listener but I realised that was a fucked attitude. I would always hate New Kids On The Block, but I shouldn't ignore all other groups/artists, it was too restrictive.

Do not think that I like the Pussycat Dolls, I don't, they are talentless dancing skanks.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Re: The Sugababes!

Post by shramiac »

Oh believe me! I'm gonna start freaking out!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm just letting it all hang out!!!!! Listen to their greatest hits, 'tis good. 8)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You obviously hang a lot lower than I do! :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Gor for it Genebaby!

Bring on Red Dress, love it! and the video.....(licks the tv)

Where's Dino with the 'WTF's lol
birnie

Post by birnie »

I wonder how long a Sugaabes Appreciation Thread would have lasted on the old forum! :lol: :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Red Dress is awesome!!! That was filmed sexy too, after Mutya left.

I only like one of her solo songs, called Song For Mutya, it's pretty catchy.