Tom Keifer & Cinderella

Discuss other bands we like
JimmyJames

Tom Keifer & Cinderella

Post by JimmyJames »

Hey Everyone,

If you haven't picked-up Tom Keifer's "The Way Life Goes" I definitely recommend that you do so. Funny, I was never into Cinderella but heard a song or two recently with a friend which prompted me to picked-up "Long Cold Winter" on itunes (which is outstanding) . . . then I picked-up Tom's new release. Great mix of heavy/cinderella type stuff, to contemporary rock to ballads . . . it's all good.

Tom also seems like such an awesome guy (from what I've seen on youtube interviews) and posts he makes to his Facebook and Twitter sites. Hope I get the chance to see him live on his next trip to NYC.

Well, hope you enjoy the recommendation.

Jimmy James
poserboy71

Re: Tom Keifer & Cinderella

Post by poserboy71 »

Tom is always solid.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'll try to check it out.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Tom Kiefer is a unique talent, and an amazing vocalist. I saw Cinderella on their Heartbreak Station tour, they were a fantastic live band.
I wrote a fan letter from the UK to Cinderellas fan club after Long Cold Winter was released and got a nice reply from Emily Kiefer, Toms then wife who ran the club with Eric Brittinghams sister.
However, Toms new CD whilst good in parts, falls short of his Cinderella work for me. I think Toms best work was on Long Cold Winter and the under-rated Still Climbing.
JimmyJames

Post by JimmyJames »

Tom's new effort is a little different than the traditional Cinderella material but in my opinion still outstanding and a little more contemporary. Hope he continues to put out new material for the fans to enjoy.
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Lets hope its not over 10+ years like his last Cinderella output to his first solo album
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Killer album, i have enjoyed it from start to finish

[youtube][/youtube]
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

anyone notice he doesnt go all out when he sings with cinderella anymore?

i guess breaking your voice twice will make you choose when you "sing"
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

AceAlive1 wrote:anyone notice he doesnt go all out when he sings with cinderella anymore?

The last time Cinderella played the HOB in Cleveland, I was backstage listening to Tom casually warm up his voice. Not an ounce of gayness in me but I felt like dropping to my knees and blowing him after hearing his voice hit my naked ears without a public address system,etc. INSANELY INCREDIBLE.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

poserboy71 wrote:
AceAlive1 wrote:anyone notice he doesnt go all out when he sings with cinderella anymore?

The last time Cinderella played the HOB in Cleveland, I was backstage listening to Tom casually warm up his voice. Not an ounce of gayness in me but I felt like dropping to my knees and blowing him after hearing his voice hit my naked ears without a public address system,etc. INSANELY INCREDIBLE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

no i understand. tracy morgan said something similar about prince.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I never really cared for anything after Night Songs... not one bad tune on that album. Still dig it today... gritty, bluesy and melodic with killer hooks.
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Streetbeat wrote:Killer album, i have enjoyed it from start to finish

[youtube][/youtube]
I was in the audience at that exact show. He was amazing.
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
JimmyJames

Post by JimmyJames »

Hey Everyone,

Been a while. Hope you and yours are all good.

Well I started this post a while back and have since had a chance to see Tom Keifer and his solo band 2 times . . . NYC at BB Kings and a few weeks back in Ridgefield, CT. BB Kings was awesome . . . great place to see a concert. Unknowingly, John Corabi opened with a solo acoustic set which was a great surprised. Loved his stuff with Union and since purchased his solo unplugged CD (really good). First time seeing Tom live and absolutely loved it.

In CT, Tom's voice was even stronger and at such a small venue, his band really rocked. Very interesting opening act . . . 2 guys from a band called "Station" played an unplugged set (singer and 1 acoustic guitar). Great voice and some refreshing songs that will take you back to the time when good music was still being made. Check 'em out at http://www.stationband.com/

I'm hoping Keifer comes back next summer to NY area as I will definitely attend. What a talent and seems like he sincerely appreciates his fans.

Hope you enjoy some of this. Wish you all well.

Jimmy