Pantera Discussion (Ride for Dime)

Discuss other bands we like
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

This week, Chris and Aaron are joined by rock photographer Chad Lee to discuss all-things-Pantera. Chad is not only a talented photographer but was a personal friend of "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. He organizes the Nashville chapter of Ride for Dime. With the Nashville event coming up on September 27th, Chad sat down to discuss Pantera and Darrell's legacy, their material, and other entertaining stories about the "Cowboys from Hell."

http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/2014/09/ ... ep154.html
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
VVWarrior82

Re: Pantera Discussion (Ride for Dime)

Post by VVWarrior82 »

I'll have to check this out at some point this week. Honestly never really liked Pantera past "Power Metal" but have always dug Darrell's style.
shramiac

Re: Pantera Discussion (Ride for Dime)

Post by shramiac »

I'm the same as you VVW82. He had some nice licks but I didn't like the music.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

shramiac wrote:I'm the same as you VVW82. He had some nice licks but I didn't like the music.
Yeah, there's some decent songs on "Cowboys" but that's about it. Nothing I would ever have the urge to spin though. They jumped into the sludge a little too hard and IMO it was pretty damn terrible. Not only did he waste some tasty licks playing that dreck, but Phil possessed a very Halford-esque voice that isn't heard again after that '88 album.

[youtube][/youtube]

All Over Tonight ^ would be my overall pick from the band.