Steve Stevens

Discuss other bands we like
poserboy71

Steve Stevens

Post by poserboy71 »

Official Steve Stevens
March 27 at 4:38pm ·

Throwback Thursday...1981 Fine Malibus at the Savoy NYC. Yes I still own this guitar. A Hamer mini Explorer. My very first endorsement instrument, thanks to Paul Stanley.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Re: Steve Stevens

Post by doublev2 »

hang on, paul stanley was involved wih Hamer in 1981? not up on Paul's guitar history. I know he has a very brief relationship with Conklin as well.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Paul was using Hamer on the Unmasked tour...

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The vee with the white body binding was a Hamer I think?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

Idol was introduced to Steve Stevens by manager Bill Aucoin. Stevens was an up and coming guitarist who had been playing for a band called 'The Fine Malibus' who were also being managed by Aucoin. Stevens had recorded an album with the band, and the album was due for release by Island Records, but the deal fell through and the album was shelved. Feeling that his career was going nowhere, Stevens told Aucoin that he was quitting the band. Aucoin talked Stevens into putting together a new band, and one name that kept popping up was 'Billy Idol.' Aucoin gave Stevens some of Idol's music and set up a meeting between the two. The pair hit it off, and started writing material for a full length album.

Bill Aucoin work with KISS 1973–1982, & Billy Idol (with Steve Stevens), 1982–1984

Bill Aucoin = Genius

[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Cool stuff! Thanks! I didn't know about the Aucoin/Stevens connection. I met Bill many years ago at a KISS expo and he was very, very nice to my wife and I.

I'll be seeing Idol on the road later this month in Atlantic City. First time I saw Idol was about 15 years ago at a club here in Jersey called The Tradewinds. Looking forward to it! \m/ \m/
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Official Steve Stevens
Liked · 18 mins

Something new is cooking up at Knaggs Guitars. Together we put out and sold 100 handmade limited SS model guitars. Watch what we do next. For those with a fear of "pink" let's just say i have been in a classic mode.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Steve Stevens

Post by metatron »

"The Savage" - STEVE STEVENS - "TWANG! A Tribute to Hank Marvin & The Shadows"
[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

seen as Steve Stevens was well known to Kiss, what do you think of the idea that they were influenced by Steve's name in naming Vinnie Vincent?
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:seen as Steve Stevens was well known to Kiss, what do you think of the idea that they were influenced by Steve's name in naming Vinnie Vincent?
IMO, I've always thought that, Steve Stevens, Vinnie Vincent & then the whole Marvel / D.C comics realm ; Peter Parker, Sue Storm, Bruce Banner, Lex Luthor, J Jonah Jameson, Otto Octavius, Doctor Doom, Dark Devil, Richie Rich, Wonder Woman, Reed Richards, Silver Surfer, Green Goblin, Pepper Potts, Scott Summers, Stephen Strange, Warren Worthington, Lois Lane, Clark Kent.

I suppose Both VV & SS were like Superheros in the Guitar World and Gene loves his Horror, Sci Fi & comics.
Their Names, more than just an accident I'd say.
heavystef

Post by heavystef »

And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Steve Stevens is wasted with Billy Idol. I think he is an incredible talent, and his 'ray gun' sound is often imitated/never bettered.
His Atomic Playboys CD was very, very good I thought. Seemed we needed a new guitar hero after Vinnie broke up his band.........Steve should have been the one to pick up the mantle.
Ive seen most the 'heroes' in 35 years of gigs, and Steve is definitely in my top 5 guitarists that I saw who left me awestruck with their playing and sound.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Steve is a guitar players guitar player
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Slayer wrote:Steve is a guitar players guitar player
PERFECT description.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Official Steve Stevens - Face Book Page wrote:
Here is a holiday present guys. In 1986, I recorded a piece for Guitar World magazine. I often get asked to post it, but i did not have a copy. Our pal Noe Gold sent me a now 28 year old cassette and i have posted it online. The quality is not great but you get the idea. There is also a 15 minute interview. Happy Holidays to all.
https://soundcloud.com/steve-stevens-1/ ... sic-master
https://soundcloud.com/steve-stevens-1/ ... log-master
Attachments
Steve Stevens 10353193_955365384491463_1484263846322495290_n.jpg
Steve Stevens 10353193_955365384491463_1484263846322495290_n.jpg (64.05 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Most Killer!