Jacky Vinnie 'Star X Speed Story'

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

Jacky Vinnie 'Star X Speed Story'

Post by metatron »

Vincent’s new CD, “Star X Speed Story”, showcases a guitarist with an exciting collection of great guitar instrumentals with enough taste and technique to sat- isfy the most discriminating guitar fan. In the tradition of other great Shrapnel instru- mental CD’s, this record is brimming with important perfor- mances by one of the world’s greatest new technicians.
At 24, Jacky Vincent plays 80’s influenced shred guitar bet- ter than most great guitarists of that era and combines it with electronic trance grooves.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

I really wish that Vinnie Vincent had done a Shrapnel Records.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Re: Jacky Vinnie 'Star X Speed Story'

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote:
I really wish that Vinnie Vincent had done a Shrapnel Records.
The thing is, HE STILL HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO THIS !!!!

With respect to Jacky Vincent's talent, I have heard this all before. Following in the format of Vinnie Moore and Tony Macalpine...

Vinnie Vincent would have an incredible catalog of DIVERSE music that would pound all of the Shrapnel fans directly on their stink-holes.
This is my parallel universe.

Jacky definitely has got the goods though !!!!

[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Re: Jacky Vinnie 'Star X Speed Story'

Post by metatron »

Rickstar, I hope your right in that 'HE STILL HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO THIS'
But IMO, I doubt it would ever happen.

Imagine VV went to Shrapnel Records and said he wanted to do a Shred-aphonic album.
Pretty sure they would be more than happy to do it (If VV demands weren't ridiculous)
I mean VV could even do the whole KICKSTARTER ( http://www.kickstarter.com) thing, like MAB did.
BUT HE DOES NOTHING. NOTHING!!!

The other thing I'm seeing is the SLOW KILLING OF ROCK MUSIC.
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/blog ... illing-it/
http://www.popmatters.com/column/176052 ... e-of-rock/
We, that is, Me, You, all of us in general need New Music .
No just New Music, but New ROCK MUSIC to be specific.

Cause, with no disrespect to other genres of music.
ROCK is dying. And Rock is one of those more commercial genres of music that the individual actually needs some kind of skill to play.
For me I think of Rock (& especially the 80's Hair Metal material) as being gateways into introducing a person who has some kind of
appreciation & interest in music to other genres. Like you'll listen to VV & you say to yourself, WTF was that. And it'some Jazz Fusion type lick.
Or you hear Tony Macalpine and you say to yourself. what's that Classic sca
le.

The cool thing about kids like Jacky Vincent is, they are flying our freak flags, not just high, but proud.
This guy is 24 years of age. And in all honesty I can see him doing a shit load more than VV will ever do.
So man, I'll support the fresh flesh of the new age of metal. And I think we all should.

The other reality check in regards to VV is, CAN HE EVEN PLAY ANYMORE?
You look at guys like MAB, Steve Stevens & Vai and these guys stay in shape, they produces New Music year in year out &
there are no diva drama queen antics to boot. Can't say that about VV. He is the ultimate drama queen extraordinaire without the fruits of any labor.

& recently, I've been awakened to something else which is quite disturbing.
In general MUSIC is seen by most people as this thing that just Happens. The impression I'm getting is that
MOST people take it for granted. Like, MUSIC is something that just occurs out of thin air. Like it takes no effort to produce.
I get the feeling that most people's opinion is that MUSIC & the ARTS in general are just these things that aren't that important.

Just recently I've was sourcing some higher end audio equipment which I haven't really had to do for a while.
The scary part was this. I couldn't get it in AUSTRALIA. And even more frightening was that all the stores & distributors, didn't even
keep any of the items I was inquiring about in stock. And the majority of store didn't even know what the heck I was talking about. Not only do WE, the states, Australia, etc, not make it anymore...But it starting to look like we can't even drive this equipment any longer.
THE DUMBING DOWN isn't happening, it's already HAPPENED. And to add insult to injury, the CO$T of the items are double, if not more than double than those I found in the states.

It's a sad state of affairs for MUSIC in general. The Music we can easily access is cheap nasty disposable fast food dumbing down CRAP.
& music where the individual would need real skill sets to produce is dying off or (to be more specific), being systematically killed off.

Don't get me started on MP3's
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.