Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Re: strange song

Post by PinkWiz »

Haha used to have it on cassette
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'll pass on Jim Gillette but I'm in line to hear Michael Batio play guitar anytime! How about those bad ass solo's? Vinnie is a better song writer but Michael Batio may be the greatest of all time technique wise.

K
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Scary clean!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:I'll pass on Jim Gillette but I'm in line to hear Michael Batio play guitar anytime! How about those bad ass solo's? Vinnie is a better song writer but Michael Batio may be the greatest of all time technique wise.

K
My exact thoughts brother Kevin.
Technically I love what Jim can do, but a lot of the times it's just too much.
And, Michael Angelo Batio, man what can I say. He is a ultra righteous Dude & insanely gifted guitarist.
Just a real great Guy & a true crusader for not just Shred guitar, but for truth & knowledge.

Michael Angelo Batio has just got that positive energy that rubs off on his audience.

But I agree, VV better song writer.

When I hear 'Nitro' Turnin' Me On', I think right away of VVI's twisted and then I sounds like they are going to
kick into the Sweet's 'Fox on the Run.'

[youtube][/youtube]

I do prefer the production on Nitro 1991 release - H.W.D.W.S (Hot,Wet,Drippin' With Sweat)
[youtube][/youtube]

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie could swing dick. I prefer his playing over all of the "shredders". I just have trouble lumping him into just that because I know what he can do. WE know he has MORE.

MAB was too sterile and played on top of the beat. You can tell he practiced to a metronome.
I sat on stage with him during a few sound checks on the first Nitro tour and heard him play things (jazz, etc...) that far surpassed what he has put on record because he played them LOOSELY.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote: I sat on stage with him during a few sound checks on the first Nitro tour and heard him play things (jazz, etc...) that far surpassed what he has put on record because he played them LOOSELY.
Once again, the difference. Accessible, friendly, talented. A stand up guy & a true Warrior & Fighter of his Art.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote:
poserboy71 wrote: I sat on stage with him during a few sound checks on the first Nitro tour and heard him play things (jazz, etc...) that far surpassed what he has put on record because he played them LOOSELY.
Once again, the difference. Accessible, friendly, talented. A stand up guy & a true Warrior & Fighter of his Art.
True.

Vinnie was once accessible.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Rick who was the drummer on nitro tour? I had the red tape shirt from that tour with the quad on back.
Yes he is boring as he but it was unlike any other record when came out even though it took a long time to catch on. Bobby Rock is great on that somewhat badly mixed record.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Nitro was completely inspired by vvi. Jim Gillette when opening for vvi decided he wanted an ofr band. I believe animal and twisted were songs he liked the most. Also why bobby was asked.
I tried to get Jim Gillette on the kiss my ankh tribute but all my emails from the tribute producer were going to my spam for some reason and it didn't work out but Gillette was willing to do it.
The yngwie drummer was also keen but the spam issue meant I didn't get the info over in time.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:Rick who was the drummer on nitro tour?
KC Comet

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Do you know his real name?
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:Do you know his real name?
Nope.
Why would you doubt that this isn't his real name? :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS