PSYCHOTICA

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

PSYCHOTICA

Post by metatron »

Psychotica , formed in 1994 by Pat Briggs (also see the band R-U-Ready,
[youtube][/youtube]) and Paul Kostabi with a band consisting of Tommy Salmorin, Nine Ways to Sunday cellist Enrique Tiru Velez, backing vocalist Reeka, and drummer Buz aka Frank Altimare ( The Bastard Kings Of Rock ). They have released three albums. Psychotica are best known for their participation in the 1996 Lollapalooza tour which also included Soundgarden, the Ramones, the Screaming Trees and Metallica.

In 1998, Psychotica added guitarist Clint Walsh and released Espina. A tour with Jack Off Jill and Switchblade Symphony followed. Shortly after the tour, Briggs moved to Los Angeles. Briggs and Kostabi went in different directions and Psychotica disbanded.

In the summer of 2009, Briggs and Kostabi reunited to begin work on the fourth Psychotica album. Psychotica partnered with Christian Menses and his independent record label, Toxic Shock Records to re-release Pandemic.

Discography[Psychotica (1996, Ventrue Entertainment/American Recordings) logo/cover designed by Stephen Sprouse
Espina (1998, Zero Hour Records)
Thorn (2004, Art Monkey Records) (Expanded reissue of Espina)
Pandemic (2003, Art Monkey Records) (Previously unreleased 1999 album for Red Ant Records)
Pandemic Re-Release (2008, Toxic Shock Records)
Psychotica Acoustic (2009, Psychotica Records) (Digital only release)
I Will Survive EP (2009, Toxic Shock Records)
Black Dahlia EP (2010, Toxic Shock Records)

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
PinkWiz

Re: PSYCHOTICA

Post by PinkWiz »

I remember Psychotica... used to have their first CD. Met Pat when my band, Geminus Sect, opened for Impotent Sea Snakes when I lived in Cleveland... cool guy.
metatron

Post by metatron »

I was thinking to myself as I was posting this, the PinkWiz will known who I'm talking a about. :D
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

:wink: 8)
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

psychotica and switchblade symphony on the same ticket must have been something else.

epic band... had never heard of them before. reminds me of some of the 'visual kei' japanese bands. it looks and sounds like they all build upon several musical and visual 'traditions'... bowie, kiss, kmfdm, fields of nephilim, etc.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Spot on Mr Blitz-Meister. Bowie is a legend. Without his influence, lots of different Music Genres wouldn't have evolved or even have been born. And Reeves Gabrels is a mental guitarest.
[youtube][/youtube]