Post by doublev »

anyone like these alice tunes?
doublev

Post by doublev »

this was kane roberts alices's guitar player
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I never got into Alice too much. I didn't even go see him around 90/91 when he toured the Trash album in my city with Eric Singer on drums!!

After Eric joined Kiss I was thinking, hmmm, he's played a gig here, cool.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

I cant stand anything that alice cooper has EVER done music wise.I do not think he is talented at all and his stage show was always kind of lame to me.I hate how he used to groan that kiss stole his act when In my opinion he might as well of stolen from bowie himself.Kiss was always way more innovative and talented than alice ever was...
Slayer

Re: alice cooper

Post by Slayer »

doublev wrote:anyone like these alice tunes?
I think this is pretty solid musically! Great rhythm guitar tone and very unpredictable guitar solo. Lot's of changes to this song.
doublev

Post by doublev »

haha, I think Alice was hit and miss, but I liked his records from '87 thru 1991 (is that the hey stoopid record)? .. better than what Kiss did.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Alice is playing 10 minutes down the road from my house tonight.
He always puts on an incredible show.

The older he gets, the better the character of Alice is. Age makes him creepier.

I believe Alice scared me the most during the "Flush The Fashion" era. VERY SICKLY !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

he is so funny and smart. Love Alice. I saw him in '86,'87,'89, '90 and '91 all shows were great. the 86 and 87 shows had Kip Winger playing Bass.
doublev

Post by doublev »

my friend used to call him Alice Pooper.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Never really listened his music BUT I've only really heard his more well known stuff from his career. I hated the song Poison when it came out but will now always watch the video of that song because I'm in love with the brunette in the clip (insert smutty clip/quote from Poser or Meta.....now)! I only bought the Hey Stoopid album because Vai & Satch played together on the title track but the solos turned out to be pretty lame by them! Didn't think much of the rest of the album was anything special, generic 80's c*ckrock! He's had some good guitar players in his band, I'll give him that! But I like the guy as a person. Hey, he's a golf nut! Can't hate a golf nut!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Never got into his stuff but watched the Megadeth Documentary on youtube last night, and Alice made an appearance.
Such a nice fellow :)
And now Dave Mustaine's God Father????!!!!!
teej

Post by teej »

Alice is amazing .. love everything up to hey stoopid (not including trash .. that sucked)
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
metatron

Post by metatron »

Brutal Planet is killer too. Alice rulez :!: :!: :!: . I rather meet Alice than Paul & Gene any day.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
teej

Post by teej »

I met him briefly at Tower Records in London during the Trash tour .. amazing gig at Wembley :D

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev

Post by doublev »

ha.i saw vinnie moore play with alice and his solo was one of the best i heard.
doublev

Post by doublev »

miss tower records.. one thing the internet killed off
teej

Post by teej »

yeah .. met Aerosmith there too .. was good for band signings

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:ha.i saw vinnie moore play with alice and his solo was one of the best i heard.
I saw Vinnie Moore with U.F.O. last year. The man has still got it !!! SMOOTH 8) 8) 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

I love Alice, especially the first few albums with the original AC band, but there's plenty of other good shit spread throughout his career. I've seen him live about 6 times over the years, truly awesome stuff.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

The only two tunes I know are "schools out" and "poison". Really cool (pop)rock music
VVV

Post by VVV »

I love A.C.. I've probably seen him over a dozen times. I asked him one time why he doesn't play anything live from the Kane Roberts era. He told me that he wanted to, but couldn't get anyone to replicate his tone or style live. I would love to hear some stuff off of Raise Your Fist and Yell for once to mix up the set.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Kane Roberts was not well respected but he sure was original and his solos were totally his style and surprising. I would think he could just ask Kane back to get that sound. The Raise Your fist tour with Kane Roberts, Kip Winger and Ken Mary was great (I think Kip pulled out for the European section of the tour if I remember correctly). I got to meet Kip when his band was called Sahara (the original name for Winger). He was living in Hoboken NJ.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i bet the machine gun guitar would look good in Drew's collection. Kane had a nice Fernandes too if I remember,
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The original Alice Cooper Band is being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame... ...FINALLY !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS