Tracy "G" Grijalva

Discuss other bands we like
Slayer

Tracy "G" Grijalva

Post by Slayer »

Hey, does anybody out there besides me like former WW3, Driver, Goaded and Dio Guitarist Tracy "G"?

Here is a nice assortment of tunes from Tracy's Career - get in touch with your dark side :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Larry Denison on Bass Here

[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Re: Tracy "G" Grijalva

Post by poserboy71 »

I dig TG.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

yeah, fantastic player. great rhythms, and leads which definitely 'hold their own'.
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

I dig him too.
Loved Strange Highways
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

strangeways wrote:I dig him too.
Loved Strange Highways
Amazingly dark sounding album IMO
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

since several months ago, i've had the opportunity to be one of tracy g's 'facebook friends'; where he posts some example videos of his album-making process, as well as his jamming around. it's become apparent that tracy g is one of the most creative players in rock.

tracy actually has a lot more to his leads than i'd previously given him credit for; and of course, his rhythm riffs are excellent.

overall... gotta give tracy a top originality rating, and high technical rating as well.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Blitz,
He really is a cool dude and if only Vinnie could be even 1/10 as appreciative of his fans as Tracy is. For many years I would buy stuff from the store on his website often at Christmas time for both myself, Jixter Tate and my brother Steve and he would often call me after I made the purchase and inquire and thank me for the purchase of 3 copies and take the time to ask if I needed anything special like a card in the box, gift wrapping etc. On a couple of occasions he has even spoke to me for as long as 90 minutes on the phone telling me what he is working on, who is recording in his studio at the moment and extensive conversations about his years in the band DIO. Tracy is a huge Tony Iommi Fan but I have always told him truthfully that I like his style better than Tony's without slagging Tony in any way. He is a cool and hard working dude and I enjoy his music and buy his merchandise to support his causes.

I too follow his fun and sometimes humorous post to his fan base on Facebook and myspace before when it was relevant.

This guy is a great human being who deserves the praise and accolades of the fans that he has.

http://tracyg.com/

https://www.facebook.com/tracyggrijalva?fref=ts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_G

Thanks a million for your post and contribution to this thread MrBlitz!

Kev
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

This band that Tracy G was in WW3 was fucking fierce!

[youtube][/youtube]