Recommend me some music - Please

Discuss other bands we like
Skwint

Recommend me some music - Please

Post by Skwint »

Hey folks

Glad to be back by the way - was a long journey for me to get back to this place but I made it.

:D

I need new old music- glam/sleaze - I have a lot of records although I just discovered Jackyl - which for some reason I must have missed them the first time round :oops: .

can anyone recommend some obscure but great Glam I may have missed out on.

I also just found a band called cleavage which don't appear to have done much but I have found a few tracks of youtube and I quite like.

So yeah anything that may have been around but just boiling under the radar of my teenage self in the 80's would be appreciated.

I find myself listening to the same tracks day in day out in the car and although the nostalgia is great and I love the tunes I play I would like some more that I have maybe never heard of.

cheers folks

[youtube][/youtube]
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
PinkWiz

Re: Recommend me some music - Please

Post by PinkWiz »

Please don't be embarrassed that u missed Jackyl the first time around, I missed them on purpose. ;)
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Ever heard Shotgun Messiah? And while not really "sleaze" u could try EZO. I love both bands.

I wasn't really into these bands but how bout Tiger Tailz, Smashed Gladys, Kik Tracee, Pretty Boy Floyd... hell even Celtic Frost went glam/sleaze for one album (Cold Lake). :)
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Some bands I liked that never caught on:
Electric Boyz
D.A.D.
Killer Dwarfs
The Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies
Tora Tora

Oh, and this incredible band everyone should listen to called LIZARDS FROM AFAR
http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3367897
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
5minLuvKills

Post by 5minLuvKills »

From my iPod to your eyes for consideration ...I'll try not to include anyone "big" as I will assume since you are on a Vinnie Vincent message board that you know the big ones some of them might have had a little popularity so you might have heard of them so sorry about that in advance if you have. Except to say if you haven't heard L.A. Guns newest one Hollywood Forever, that is definitely worth checking out

Bang Tango ...kind of funky but still glam...the bassist is more prominent than in most glam bands
Britny Fox ...kind of a Cinderella knock off just check out their first album that's the best one
Dangerous Toys ...basically they are ZZ Top meets Guns 'n Roses
Enuff Z'Nuff ...really they are a power pop band but they were marketed as glam when they came out and there are enough similarites for them to pass as a glam band...regardless they are an amazing band that is overlooked by the general public
Every Mother's Nightmare ...nothing too special about them but they are a solid glam band
Galactic Cowboys ...not really glam/sleeze they are a bit harder than that and more proggy but a great band that is overlooked
Hurricane ..they are straight ahead glam but with better lyrics than most glam bands and their singer should have got more attention than he did...I think his name is Kelly Hansen
Keel ...great songs...some good guitar playing as well...the singer has a kind of unique voice for glam...really throaty he also sings in a lower register quite a bit
Kingdom Come ...some people hate them because they are a Zeppelin Ripoff but if you don't mind a lack of originality they are pretty good
Lord Tracy ...if the Red Hot Chilli Peppers were a glam band they would be Lord Tracy...but make no mistake they are a glam band
Love/Hate ...if glam would have remained popular they are they next logical step after Guns and Roses
The London Quireboys ...kind of like The Black Crowes very Stonsey but a bit more sleezey
Roxx Gang ...I think they just released one album but it is a doozy it's called Things You've Never Done Before...they should have been quintessential glam instead they are a footnote
Saigon Kick ...not really glam..they are more like a happy/goofy Alice in Chains
T-Ride ...they are a little bit of everything...kind of like L.A.'s version of Queen
TNT ...I hesitate to include them because I think they were kind of big but regardless they are fucking amazing...one of the best singer/guitarist duos that doesn't get talked about as much as they should (Tony Harnell/Ronni Le Tekro)
Vain ...they came out shortly after Guns 'n Roses and sound similar in some ways but to me they are far superior
Rock and Roll is my RELIGION and my LAW
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I loved LORD TRACY!!! Three Headed Chick!!!

I was going strictly by bands I thought people probably hadn't heard of. I think most of your list is pretty well known. Except LORD TRACY!!!!
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

PinkWiz wrote:Please don't be embarrassed that u missed Jackyl the first time around, I missed them on purpose. ;)

awesome - :mrgreen:

Galactic Cowboys
Lord Tracy

cheers folks - these are the only 3 mentioned i dont have anything on - will check them out
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
birnie

Post by birnie »

erg2 wrote:Some bands I liked that never caught on:
Electric Boyz
D.A.D.
Killer Dwarfs
Tora Tora

Oh, and this incredible band everyone should listen to called LIZARDS FROM AFAR
http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3367897
Hah !
I just listened to No Fuel Left For The Pilgrims yesterday!
The only album I liked of theirs however....but still, a great album :twisted:
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

One of the MEMBERS of Lizards From Afar is quite fuckable...
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Aww shucks...
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies