Jake is coming out of seclusion

Discuss other bands we like
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Jake E. Lee needs a singer!

Ex-Ozzy Badlands guitarist Jake E. Lee is back after over a decade in seclusion. In great shape mentally, physically and spiritually, Jake is ready to return and bring his brand of unique playing and music to th
e world!

In the process of recording his new album in Las Vegas’s very hot “Hideout Studio’s” “Five Finger Death Punch.” “In This Moment.” His first new release, which will feature a combination of legendary rock artists and some of the biggest names of New Metal. Already recorded, Robin Zander of Cheap Trick, Paul D’ianno of Iron Maiden, Maria Brink of “In This Moment” with many other big names attached,
too soon to mention.

The new vocalist will sing at least one track on the new album and will tour the world starting in late spring 2013.

Criteria: Must be capable of singing a couple of Ozzy and Badlands songs plus songs from the new album while still having a strong enough identity to be able carry the band into the future, as Jake will head straight back into the studio after the touring to begin a new album with the new band.

What to do: “Don’t post on wall we don’t want to turn this into a competition!” Send as a message on this page, a link or an email to Ronnie@HideoutLV.com A MP3 of yourself singing a Ozzy or Badlands songs. Then submit one other song or video of your choosing that you feel best represents who you are as an artist. “Listen to Badlands “High Wire” to see the range required for this gig.” We will contact only those vocalist’s that we feel really fit what we are looking for. If we do not contact you, please don’t take it personally. You may be a major talent but just not right for this project. http://www.facebook.com/JakeELeeNeedsASinger
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PelagicJoe

Re: Jake is coming out of seclusion

Post by PelagicJoe »

I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup consisting of Jake E. Lee and Tim "Ripper" Owens.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I thought of Ripper at first but he has too much of a manly growl .

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tim can do the high stuff too of course!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
erg2

Post by erg2 »

It saddens me so that there can never be another Badlands album. I know that band wasn't a huge success, but I really like all of their work. Their second album being one of my all-time favorite rock albums. In 1991 when metal bands were still releasing over-produced albums, they release VOODOO HIGHWAY. Real drums with no triggers. No "10 layers of FX guitars" or vocals so sweetened I'm surprised people didn't get diabetes just listening. I was really looking forward to what they would do next. (I know they released that demo DUSK in 1998 and I think there's some good stuff on it, but I don't think that's the "album" they were planning on releasing.) This stupid, cookie-cutter music industry didn't know what to do with this music. I think it was a perfect segway into grunge.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I agree with most of what erg2 said except the last statement.

Badlands was simply and incredible band.

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

poserboy71 wrote:Badlands was simply and incredible band.
True. What a voice Gillen had. It sounded like these guys were playing like somebody had knives to their balls and if they didn't give it everything they had then those balls would be history.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah liked badlands, best from eric singer as well.
weird you only get to sing one song, the album already sounds like piecemeal.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

29-Oct-12
Singer Sass Jordan Records Vocal Track For Jake E. Lee's New Solo Album

Canadian Juno Award winner Sass Jordan was recently in Las Vegas to record vocals for a song appearing on Jake E. Lee's upcoming solo album.

"Just back from Vegas and singing on Jake E. Lee's new record. The song is called Redeem Me, and it kicks ass," said Jordan. "There are a lot of amazing singers on his new CD, including
Robin Zander from Cheap Trick and Maria Brink from In This Moment... It's gonna be killer! Jake was talking about loving Mick Ronson... the fact that I got to hang out with someone who gives Mick Ronson the respect he deserves was pretty cool."

Jake E. Lee is back after over a decade in seclusion and is in the process of recording his new album in Las Vegas' very hot Hideout Studios, a private recording studio run by Canadian producer Kevin Churko, Lee's new release will feature a combination of legendary rock artists and some of the biggest names of new metal.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

At least the rumors of Jake being BLIND are somewhat false although those glasses are thick.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

poserboy71 wrote:Image
29-Oct-12
Singer Sass Jordan Records Vocal Track For Jake E. Lee's New Solo Album

Canadian Juno Award winner Sass Jordan was recently in Las Vegas to record vocals for a song appearing on Jake E. Lee's upcoming solo album.

"Just back from Vegas and singing on Jake E. Lee's new record. The song is called Redeem Me, and it kicks ass," said Jordan. "There are a lot of amazing singers on his new CD, including
Robin Zander from Cheap Trick and Maria Brink from In This Moment... It's gonna be killer! Jake was talking about loving Mick Ronson... the fact that I got to hang out with someone who gives Mick Ronson the respect he deserves was pretty cool."

Jake E. Lee is back after over a decade in seclusion and is in the process of recording his new album in Las Vegas' very hot Hideout Studios, a private recording studio run by Canadian producer Kevin Churko, Lee's new release will feature a combination of legendary rock artists and some of the biggest names of new metal.
I am really looking forward to Jake's new album too.
Does anyone else have have the 2009 release Dissonance from Enuff Znuff ?
Great album and Jake play's lead guitar.
Worth checking out if you havent already.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Never even heard of it. Always liked Enuff Znuff. Thought they were great songwriters that never really got their due. Having said that, I just can't "hear" Jake playing on their stuff...even though he's clearly talented enough to play just about anything.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

erg2 wrote:Never even heard of it. Always liked Enuff Znuff. Thought they were great songwriters that never really got their due. Having said that, I just can't "hear" Jake playing on their stuff...even though he's clearly talented enough to play just about anything.
He's on there and sounds great as always.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I just hope to God that Jake doesn't choose Sass or another female lead singer. I cannot stand female lead singers in Rock.Exceptions being Heart and Pat Benatar. :wink:(Because they act like ladies :wink: )

You need BALLS to stand in a COCK ROCK STANCE.

[youtube] [/youtube]

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

See how fucking simple this is ?
Do we have a new Jake E. Lee Charvel model coming ?

Former OZZY OSBOURNE Guitarist JAKE E. LEE: New Photos Available - Mar. 9, 2013
BLABBERMOUTH.NET has obtained several brand new photos of former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee. Check them out below.

According to "Tales From The Stage Volume 1" author Michael Toney, Lee has set JAKE E. LEE'S RED DRAGON CARTEL as the name of his new project, obviously referencing the axeman's Japanese roots. The group features Ronnie Mancuso (BEGGARS & THIEVES) on bass and Jonas Fairley (BLACK BETTY) on drums. The lead vocalist position is almost solidified, but details are still being worked out. The only information that has thus far been provided is that he hails from Canada, and certain logistics need to be ironed out prior to a formal announcement.

In the process of recording his new album at Las Vegas' The Hideout Studios — owned and operated by Kevin Churko (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, IN THIS MOMENT) — Lee's first new release will feature a combination of legendary rock artists and some of the biggest names of new metal. Already recorded are guest appearances by Robin Zander (CHEAP TRICK), Paul Di'Anno (IRON MAIDEN), Maria Brink (IN THIS MOMENT), with many other big names attached to the project.

Toney says: "The two new tracks that I have heard [from JAKE E. LEE'S RED DRAGON CARTEL] are very impressive, and are incredibly fresh sounding — but not really in the same family as [Jake's] work with BADLANDS or OZZY. It's still hard rock, but perhaps a bit more melodic."

According to the All Music Guide, Lee helped Ozzy Osbourne score two of the most commercially successful releases of the singer's long and illustrious career — 1983's "Bark at the Moon" and 1986's "The Ultimate Sin". Lee eventually joined up with another former BLACK SABBATH singer (albeit briefly), Ray Gillen, and formed the LED ZEPPELIN/classic rock-esque outfit BADLANDS. Subsequently, Lee played briefly with a band called WICKED ALLIANCE before setting off on his own, issuing his solo debut, "A Fine Pink Mist", in August of 1996.

Jake E. Lee's "covers" album, "Retraced", was released in the U.S. in April 2005 via Shrapnel Records. All the songs were recorded in a "power trio" format ala BADLANDS and the tracks for the project were cover songs along that style (bluesy power rock).

NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Hell yeah!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Has he got a Steinberger Trem on that thing?

I kinda looks like but ain't a Floyd?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Not sure on the bridge, but WAY TO GO JAKE!!!

No mess, no fuss, just the truth of who he is and where he's at today. It's almost too simple and obvious. Learn a lesson here Vinnie, please.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

New song at about the 42 minute mark:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

there is another one at the end, very war-pigs-like
i like it
kisslolo

Post by kisslolo »

Red Dragon Cartel - Feeder Lyric Video (Official / Feat. Jake E. Lee - Robin Zander on Voice)

[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Zander is my favorite vocalist.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Well done Jake and Robin!
kisslolo

Post by kisslolo »

Jake E. Lee’s Red Dragon Cartel Make Triumphant Debut in Los Angeles

Welcome back, Jake E. Lee! That was the general consensus as the guitar great made a triumphant return to the stage Thursday night (Dec. 12) in Los Angeles, painting the walls of the historic Whisky-a-Go-Go with wicked guitar licks as he unveiled his new band Red Dragon Cartel.

For the band’s first live performance, they dug deep into Lee’s catalog and also trotted out several new songs that held up well against some of the guitarist’s staples. Frontman Darren James Smith got the audience going early, belting out the show opener ‘Ultimate Sin’ from Lee’s Ozzy Osbourne era and then balanced it out with the brand new Red Dragon Cartel single ‘Deceived,’ which was well received.

A little later in the set, the band unveiled ‘War Machine,’ then gave the crown the impressive ‘Shout It Out.’ The latter track provided an excellent showcase for Smith, who showed off some Richard Patrick-esque vocals on the song. ‘Shout It Out’ is bound to be one of the band’s future live favorites as more fans get a chance to hear it and Lee’s licks sound as fresh as ever. The band also closed out the body of their set with their current single ‘Feeder,’ which melted a few faces with Lee’s impressive riffing and a killer groove laid down by Ronnie Mancuso’s bass and Jonas Fairley’s drumming.

Other standouts from the performance included the band’s performances of ‘Rock N’ Roll Rebel,’ the Badlands favorite ‘Rumblin’ Train’ and the show closing take on ‘Bark At the Moon.’ While the band pulled off a solid first gig, it was clear that the man of the hour was the long absent Lee, as fans shared their respect chanting his name throughout the set, especially after his work on ‘Highwire.’

Jake E. Lee’s Red Dragon Cartel will release their self-titled debut disc via Frontiers Records on Jan. 28. It’s currently available for pre-order via Amazon and iTunes. You can catch the band on the road playing a handful of dates before December ends.

Jake E. Lee’s Red Dragon Cartel Los Angeles 12/12/13 Set List

1. ‘Ultimate Sin’
2. ‘Deceived’
3. ‘Highwire’
4. ‘War Machine’
5. ‘Shine On’
6. ‘Rock N’ Roll Rebel’
7. ‘Shout It Out’
8. ‘In a Dream’
9. ‘Rumblin’ Train’
10. ‘Sun Red Sun’
11. ‘Feeder’
12. ‘Bark At the Moon’
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Darren Smith was DRUNK that first show... must've been super nervous? Jake rocked though...
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I can't talk though... I've had my fair share of drinking too much before a live show. I know that feeling of total regret the next day.
kisslolo

Post by kisslolo »

2nd concert of their 2013 tour, at Brick By Brick in San Diego. 12/15/2013

[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

[youtube][/youtube]

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

great song Feeder :-)
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Come on Vinnie, be as cool as Jake!!!

[youtube][/youtube]
say two sky two say fare
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

my friend is supposed to open for him (again, jake rescheduled from awhile back)

i'm gonna have to mail my friend an ozzy cd because i'm pretty sure i'm working :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I went to see Jake E. Lee's Red Dragon Cartel on Thursday (Cleveland ,Ohio)and Friday (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) of last week.
The band was INCREDIBLE. The dynamic between each member garnered pure ROCK-N-ROLL EXCITEMENT. Each show had a little something special about it. Darren sang with power and finesse and NAILED the notes he had to hit. Greg really is the spark that has ignited and inspired Jake to pick it up even more. They play well off of each other. Jonas is a solid drummer who also sang very well. You can tell that they enjoy playing together.
Every song was on the edge and could go in any direction at any moment. In Cleveland, Greg had to borrow a bass from the opening band to complete the encore. His low-E tuning machine dangled from his ESP bass. In Pittsburgh, the power to Jake's amps went down during the ride-out of a song.Each thing was dealt with a casual attitude and made the concert even more enjoyable.Jake even played slide with his flask at the Cleveland show 8) 8) 8) 8) . At each show , there was roughly 150-200 people in attendance. Jake shook as many hands as he could and verbally expressed individually how appreciative he was that everyone showed up to see him.

Funny note, Jake handed a pick to me each night during the same break in the song that was sung on the album by Cheap Trick's Robin Zander(FEEDER). How did he know? :shock: :lol:

ImageImageImageImage
Notice the funny nod to George Lynch on the tape holding Jake's pedalboard to the stage. Obviously only meant for his eyes BUT...
[youtube][/youtube]

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's so cool Rick. Jake is out there and playing again, making it happen for him.

What's Vinnie doing?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Jake is playing at TOP LEVEL and kicking ass. Maybe Vinnie is doing us a favor by staying home.

NEWBEGINNINGS