[youtube][/youtube]

Love the sound of his guitar in this
[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Re: Merle Travis

Post by poserboy71 »

ONLY 3 MADE.
I saw one of them when I went to Rick's Picks (museum exhibit featuring choice pieces of Rick Nielsen's guitar collection) in Rockford, Illinois last month.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i am not too much a fan of the look of the Guild even though they were great guitars in the 60s but I believe it was a really great sounding guitar
In 1967 Guild's Carlo Greco built the most ornate custom guitar ever designed by Travis (see Great Acoustics, page 130). An unusual feature of the guitar's construction was a solid top that was carved on the outside but left flat inside to give the guitar more mass and reduce feedback. Travis also bought the first Standel amplifier when they were introduced in 1953, and it was apparently the only guitar amp he endorsed during his career. He also used a Music Man electric guitar amp built for him by Leo Fender in later years.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Genius stuff. Makes sweep picking seem so passe!!!

I could never do anything like that! My thumb is way too short! :x :x :x
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He played a solid body in 1948 and wrote this classic
[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye