Great White / Faster Pussycat / BulletBoys / P.B.F. / L. Axe

Discuss other bands we like
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Great White / Faster Pussycat / BulletBoys / P.B.F. / L. Axe

Post by strangeways »

Last weekend I went and saw the Jack Russell version of Great White w/Faster Pussycat, Bulletboys, Pretty Boy Floyd, and Lillian Axe

I'm a big fan of both Faster and Great White.
Bulletboys I remember and P.B.F. and Lillian Axe I also remember but wasn't that familiar with. For only 25.00 it was a deal and I was more than happy to pay up. I'd seen Faster several times throughout the years and Great White twice before back in the day.

We got there early and watched them set up. Jack Russell was walking around with a cane and looked very fail and weak. I wondered what kind of a show he was going to put on. I have to say when he hit the stage he was full of energy and bounced around in his little old man shell and sang really well. Faster were great as always, but the surprise of the night were the BulletBoys. They really put out great energy and were way better than I thought they might be. I guess I only remembered that Smooth Up In Ya video from back in the day but that Marc Torien guy really churned it out. Most of the bands played 6 songs except for Great White who played longer.
I'm not sure if that was because of the low ticket price (I hear it's different in other parts of the country) or problems with the promoter (whom some of the bands spoke out about from the stage). All the bands showed lots of comrade / solidarity / support with / for each other and I thought that was cool too.

all pics from
http://www.facebook.com/RockHeartphotography?sk=photos

Great White

set list as best I can remember : Call It Rock n Roll, Desert Moon, Save Your Love, Mista Bone, On Your Knees, House of Broken Love, Rock Me, Can't Shake It, Once Bitten Twice Shy

Faster Pussycat

set list : Cathouse, Slip of the Tongue, Number 1 With a Bullet, House of Pain, Shut Up and Fuck, Bathroom Wall

BulletBoys

Pretty Boy Floyd

Lillian Axe
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me