Beatles' kids to form a band?

Discuss other bands we like
PinkWiz

Beatles' kids to form a band?

Post by PinkWiz »

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainmen ... 6318572466

BEATLEMANIA could sweep the world again after Paul McCartney's son said the Fab Four's children might form a band.

James McCartney told the BBC website that he and John Lennon's son Sean, George Harrison's son Dhani, and Ringo Starr's son Zak Starkey had mooted the idea of forming The Beatles - The Next Generation.

"I'd be up for it," said the 34-year-old, who is launching a solo career as a singer and guitarist. "Sean seemed to be into it, Dhani seemed to be into it."

He added that Starkey was less keen, but that the band could "hopefully" happen with "nature's support".

All four have followed in their fathers' footsteps and pursued musical careers. Sean Lennon is a New York-based singer-songwriter, while Dhani Harrison fronts London rock band thenewno2.

Zak Starkey became a drummer like his father Ringo Starr and has played with bands including The Who and Oasis.

James McCartney, who strongly resembles his father, said he had "dreamt of being better than The Beatles".

"I'm not sure if I can do that," he told the BBC. "If anything, I would love to be equal to The Beatles - but even that's quite tough."

The younger McCartney was playing a gig yesterday in Liverpool, north-west England, at the famous Cavern Club where The Beatles first made their name.

His two EPs have been co-produced by his father, who at 69 shows no signs of retiring and released his latest album Kisses on the Bottom this year.

PinkWiz

Re: Beatles' kids to form a band?

Post by PinkWiz »

Too bad "The Offspring" or "The Baby's" are already taken as band names...

How 'bout "Here Come The Sons?" :)
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Yoko would just screw it up.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

erg2 wrote:Yoko would just screw it up.

Ugh, she might start dating Sean and tearing him away from the others...

:twisted:
metatron

Post by metatron »

PinkWiz wrote:Too bad "The Offspring" or "The Baby's" are already taken as band names...

How about the name 'The Ca$h Cow$' or 'The Undisputable, Most Unoriginal Tailcoat Riders from Hell'
Yer, it got that certain ring to it.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

goes to show that photography was much better in the past than now when you look at the beatles pictures next to the kids. There was more magic in old film cameras.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

doublev2 wrote:goes to show that photography was much better in the past than now when you look at the beatles pictures next to the kids. There was more magic in old film cameras.
this is so true with video too.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah. Film v digital is like real drums v drum machine in my opinion. There is a quality lost in the striving for sharpness and crystal clear imagery.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

so true but I wonder how much of that has to do with us growing up in that era... kids from today probably couldn't accept that grainy, magical quality that is so nostalgic to us today.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah, who knows. Still most movies and even tv shows today use film. It's going to be minority very soon in movies though. Tv its already minority.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:goes to show that photography was much better in the past than now when you look at the beatles pictures next to the kids. There was more magic in old film cameras.
I get what you're saying, but most likely the Beatles pics are scans of old printed pieces.
But one of the biggest problems with photography and design is that any yahoo with a digital camera and a bootleg copy of Photoshop thinks they are a pretty good photographer or designer. In truth, like any artistic pursuit, it's a combination of natural skill and YEARS of training and practice.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PinkWiz wrote:Too bad "The Offspring" or "The Baby's" are already taken as band names...

erg2 wrote:Yoko would just screw it up.

FUCKING BRILLIANT !!!! I just pissed myself in a non-recreational manner. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS