Horrible Rock Covers

Discuss other bands we like
MatthewF

Horrible Rock Covers

Post by MatthewF »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/classic- ... ver-fails/
The cover of ZZ Top had me LMAO watching the drummer go nuts.
poserboy71

Re: Horrible Rock Covers

Post by poserboy71 »

That drummer's name is Steve Moore. He is local to my area and I actually played with him at a rehearsal hall 20 some odd years ago.. He was in a band called Brick Mistress and also played with a guitar player named Jim Dofka.
He has always done stuff like that.He used to have a HUGE head of hair. Back in the day , by the end of the night , he would rip out a lot of his hair that got caught in his drumsticks. A very cool guy. I believe he lived in West Virginia at the time.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

He's a fantastic drummer and that version should not be on that list!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

Yeah I noticed that one was mostly about image. I guess unless you are dressed in leather you can't play rock according to whoever wrote that article.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, maybe on DV, not sure, but this stands out in my mind as an absolutely horrific way to treat a great song.

[youtube][/youtube]
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes yes yes!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

Genebaby wrote:I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, maybe on DV, not sure, but this stands out in my mind as an absolutely horrific way to treat a great song.
My god is that a toy Casio PT-22 he's using?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sounds like it, or worse!!!!!!!!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Genebaby wrote:I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, maybe on DV, not sure, but this stands out in my mind as an absolutely horrific way to treat a great song.

[youtube][/youtube]

:D These guys are called Deep Sunshine and even have an original tune:

[youtube][/youtube]
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

That's unbelievable :shock: :shock: :shock:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Uah ha ha!!! LOL
WOlfi
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Everything Glee has ever butchered. It's a plot to turn rock into wishy washy shit they can play in Wal Marts across America.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

Then there is this "female empowerment" crap. At least thats according to sociology and if you know me you'd know how much respect I have for Victim - I mean - Sociology.
[youtube][/youtube]
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

sorry but I always found Europe to be the most annoying band ever. that song gets into your head and wont let go. I really can not stand Final Countdown. The other one that is in my ear all day driving me crazy is 'man or a muppet' . [youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
n3p

Post by n3p »

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

A guitarist strangling his guitar and a vocalist desperately trying to hit the high notes.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

MatthewF wrote:Then there is this "female empowerment" crap. At least thats according to sociology and if you know me you'd know how much respect I have for Victim - I mean - Sociology.
[youtube][/youtube]

ROFL. Did she say she had "wood" :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: First girl in history :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:And "balling"....I don't think so girl! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: God, let's hope she doesn't have a dick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Wow! I looked up the lyrics for this! No wonder people have a problem with some rappers! Pretty filthy and degrading lyrics to me! Vinnie's tongue in cheek lyrics never got anywhere near the level of this!!!

P.S. I know nothing of rap! If I hear the slightest bit of it, it gets switched off! I detest all rap!
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

Blame Puff Daddy for that oh sorry I mean P. Diddy, Pee Diddle or whatever the fuck he wants to call himself. The earlier stuff like The Sugarhill Gang was nowhere near as offensive as that. The old school hip hop artists actually tried to write lyrics with some depth to them. It wasn't all about hoes, money, and sex
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Say it with me, "Rap is crap"
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You got that right!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

KissMyAss wrote: [youtube][/youtube]
[/quote]

At the very beginning, I honestly thought that they were going to start singing "Over The Rainbow".

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yes Dino, I remember hearing that awful version when that video came out.

NEWBEGINNINGS
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

shramiac wrote:You got that right!
Poetry demolished by rap:
Attachments
423437_311930392194371_208647453_n.jpg
423437_311930392194371_208647453_n.jpg (15.73 KiB) Viewed 1239 times