RIP Ronnie Montrose

Post by Genebaby »

RIP Ronnie M.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ankh

Re: RIP Ronnie Montrose

Post by ankh »

R.I.P.

The first Monstrose record was highly influencial for many famous guitarists.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I've honestly never heard a note from him! He seemed well liked though so, R.I.P.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Yes, RIP.

Post by 1031 »

seen that, Dam the guy could play. I loved something from every project he did. I spent hours going over the Voyager solo when I was younger. He was so good at taking his solo's live and giving you a taste of what was on the record then expanding it to new heights with out getting to far from the original thought.
I loved his answer to a interviewer about him playing his solo's a bit different each time. " well if I played it the same every time, that would get a bit boring for you and me."

For the record he played a show in OCT 2011 knowing he had cancer, and things were not going well.
Makes all Vinnies excuses look, well embarrassing to say the least.

RIP Ronnie, thanks for the music and inspiration.

[youtube][/youtube]
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
AshesToAshes

Post by AshesToAshes »

RIP

:(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Damn, it wasn't prostate cancer... (from Blabbermouth)

RONNIE MONTROSE Death Ruled A Suicide - Apr. 10, 2012

According to Guitar Player, a report by the San Mateo County Coroner's Office, released on April 6, confirms legendary guitarist Ronnie Montrose died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The toxicology report also showed his blood-alcohol level at 0.31% when he died — almost four times the legal limit in California. No evidence of other drugs was found in his system.

The Montrose family posted the following statement on RonnieMontrose.com:

"By now, the devastating truth of Ronnie's death is public knowledge. We hope you can understand why we wanted to keep this news a private family matter for as long as possible. We can only hope that you will choose to celebrate Ronnie's life, and what his music meant to you, rather than mourn his passing. Ronnie would have wanted it that way. He loved being a guitarist, a composer, a producer, and a creator of magic. He fully understood his gifts, and yet he constantly pushed himself to evolve, improve, and make better music. He did this for himself, and he did this for you, because he adored and appreciated his fans. Please keep his energy, his joy, and his love in your hearts."

Although Montrose did not leave a suicide note, his wife/manager Leighsa Montrose feels he was probably always planning for an exit.

"Ronnie had a very difficult childhood, which caused him to have extremely deep and damaging feelings of inadequacy," Leighsa tells Guitar Player. "This is why he always drove himself so hard. He never thought he was good enough. He always feared he'd be exposed as a fraud. So he was exacting in his self criticism, and the expectations he put upon himself were tremendous. Now I see that perhaps he didn't want to carry these burdens for very much longer'

She adds, "I knew I had married an alcoholic, but Ronnie was never anything but loving. He could be curmudgeonly and cranky, but he was never angry or abusive to me in any way. He definitely had a reputation for his bad temper and controlling personality when he was younger, but he'd always say that I got the best version of himself, and we were nearly inseparable. We ate every meal together. I went to every show he played."
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

(from KNAC)

On March 2, Montrose had been drinking heavily, but he got up the next day at 8 am and made breakfast for Leighsa and her mother (who resided at the Montrose home), which was his typical routine. At 10:03 am, Montrose texted Leighsa, asking if she wanted him to bring lunch down to her design studio. As she was on a deadline, and had already arranged to meet him at home for lunch, she declined his “sweet” offer.

The mood abruptly changed when Montrose texted he was glad Leighsa had “figured it out, found the hooch, and stopped him from going down the dark path.” At 11:01 am, he added, “I have the .38 in my hand and am ready to go.”

“Ronnie always had a dark and bizarre sense of humor,” said Leighsa. “And, at this point, I truly thought he was speaking in metaphors.”

But the next text—“I’m so sorry. Still have the gun in my hand. I’m going on that voyage. I love you beyond measure”—worried her, and she immediately called him and asked that he come to her studio. He agreed, saying he would be right down.

“After about four minutes, he wasn’t here, and I told my mother, ‘We’ve got to go home—something is wrong,’” said Leighsa. “When I turned to look at my phone, I saw the last text from him. I didn’t hear it come in. It said, ‘I can’t. I’ve got the gun to my head.’”

They rushed home, but it was too late. Montrose was sitting in his favorite recliner in his living room, an unregistered Smith & Wesson Model 38 Special CTG Airweight revolver in his hand, and his cell phone at his feet.

“I looked at his peaceful and calm face, and I said to him, ‘You’ve shown me I have no choice in this matter,’” said Leighsa. “I told him I loved him. I accepted what had happened. And then I sat calmly on the couch and called the Brisbane Police Department.”

Ronnie Montrose was pronounced dead by medics from Brisbane Fire Engine #81 at noon.
Genebaby
Site Admin

RIP Ronnie Montrose

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, so sad. Poor Ronnie. I can't understand what he was going through but I empathize.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

GOD Bless him . I am thankful that he isn't suffering anymore. Even though it has been said that one can't get into Heaven after committing suicide, I believe GOD will accept him.
Prayers and love for those affected.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah very sad. I don't think god judges people as much as people think.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Exactly. Well said Dino.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS