Kyle Thomas IN TROUBLE / Kory Clarke OUT - The SKULL formed

Discuss other bands we like
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Kyle Thomas IN TROUBLE / Kory Clarke OUT - The SKULL formed

Post by strangeways »

Chicago doom-metal legends TROUBLE have recruited Kyle Thomas as their new singer.

Thomas, former lead vocalist for EXHORDER, FLOODGATE, WITCH, and ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY, is no stranger to TROUBLE as he previously fronted the band for four live shows between 1997 and 1999, including Stoner Hands Of Doom festival in Maryland (see video below) and Expo Of The Extreme in Chicago. Thomas has also collaborated on projects with members of SLIPKNOT, DOWN, OBITUARY and DEICIDE.

"We are really excited to be working with Kyle again," states Rick Wartell, TROUBLE co-founder/guitarist. "The shows we played with him in the past were very well-received by the fans and now we'll have an opportunity to work with him in the studio on our new record. His vocals are amazing and a perfect fit for the band."

Bruce Franklin, TROUBLE's other co-founder/guitarist, adds, "The history with Kyle and TROUBLE really goes back to his teenage years as he told me that he and Jimmy Bower (of DOWN) would drive around in his old Pinto and listen to TROUBLE. He's an excellent, highly energetic singer and it's great to have him be an official member of the band now."

TROUBLE is currently working on its ninth studio album with Thomas on vocals and plans to release the record this spring.

TROUBLE's current lineup is:

Kyle Thomas (vocals)
Rick Wartell (guitar)
Bruce Franklin (guitar)
Shane Pasqualla (bass)
Mark Lira (drums)

-------------

"The Skull features original members of Trouble- vocalist Eric Wagner and drummer Jeff Oly Olson, along with longtime bassist Ron Holzner. The Skull is here to do one thing... rock you with the sounds and spirit of Trouble - past- present- future ... "

http://www.troubletheskull.com/home.cfm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Skull ... te&sk=info
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Re: Kyle Thomas IN TROUBLE / Kory Clarke OUT - The SKULL for

Post by strangeways »

http://www.bravewords.com/news/177523

Vocalist Kory Clarke has left Chicago's TROUBLE, and has joined forces with guitarist Russ Strahan (PENTAGRAM, LAND OF DOOM) to form a new band, THE BONES OF CHILDREN.

States Clarke: "This metal album will be high energy, with a fresh artistic approach to the genre without the limitations of the over 50 something religious crowd. It will be so nice to be working without the shackles that a previous singer has left behind of a band that is over 30 years old and acts and sounds like it. I like to do progressive, pushing the boundary lyrics in an individualistic style, I don’t want to sound like Ozzy, like their old singer (Eric Wagner) tried to do. I am also glad when I look to my left on stage from now on, I will not be seeing Derek Smalls in my peripheral vision. LOL. I just cannot play with people who are fundamentalist Christians, or too family oriented to the point that they can't tour, do records or knock down a few margaritas with me at the bar. This is rock n' roll guys, not the Family Channel."

-------------TROUBLE issue statement regarding Kory Clarke.

http://www.facebook.com/TroubleChicago
"Trouble would like to thank everyone for their support and enthusiasm regarding the announcement of our new singer Kyle Thomas. It is your continued loyalty that helps to fuel our drive to bring you the best music we can make. We would also like to take this opportunity to say that we wish Kory Clarke the best with all of his future endeavors."

EARTHEN GRAVE guitarist Tony Spillman has also weighed in on the topic...

"I don’t normally talk about personal things on Facebook, but ugly has raised its head. In light of recent activities with Trouble relieving Kory Clarke of his vocal duties he felt the need to go on Blabbermouth and give his view of the situation. Which of course is completely untrue. 1st of all he said that he quit the band and listed a number of reasons, starting a new band. (Good Luck Russ) Truth is, he was fired! Overall it was my understanding that the Trouble fans have spoken. Then he cut down fans/people over 50 years old and HE is over 50 years old ? Then he talked about Troubles religious crowd, I have toured with Trouble a number of times throughout the years and I have met a variety of religious people. Christians, Satanist, Buddhists, Atheists and some religions I have never even heard of. I noticed he did not say was how Joey and I had to save him from all those religious fans in Cleveland that wanted to crucify him. Then he started to talk about Eric sounding like Ozzy? REALLY, WHEN? And finally in making reference to my friend of 34 years, Bruce Franklin to Derek Smalls was when Kory showed that not only does he have any character, but also as my friend Lemme would say NO CLASS! Bruce has been nothing but a professional musician and person regardless of his religious perspective and anyone who knows him will say the same thing. Kory was with the band for way too long and still didn’t know the words to the songs even the melodies. He talks about how he can’t play with Christians or family oriented people. Professional?
HEY KORY, YOU CAN’T PLAY! GO HAVE ANOTHER MARGARITA!!"
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me