Holy Soldier

Discuss other bands we like
metatron

Holy Soldier

Post by metatron »

I really dig this band. First two albums are brilliant...Think the Singer,
Steve Patrick could have been an good replacement for Mark Slaughter for a new VVI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Soldier

The band was originally formed in early 1985 by bassist Andy Robbins and guitarist Jamie Cramer. The band gained a strong local following before signing. Holy Soldier was initially noted for their strong evangelical focus, although they regularly played to secular audiences. For a time they held the second largest attendance record at Gazzarri's, a Hollywood nightclub. In 1989 they signed to Myrrh Records, an imprint of Word/A&M, as that label's first metal act. Their eponymous debut, produced by David Zaffiro, was released in 1990 to critical and commercial acclaim. The band garnered two Dove Awards in 1991, in the hard rock song and album of the year categories. After heavy touring the band lost two members almost simultaneously – lead vocalist Steven Patrick, and guitarist Michael Cutting.

The band replaced their losses with Eric Wayne and Scott Soderstrom and continued to tour. Wayne exited when Steven Patrick returned in 1991, but would rejoin the group in 1995. Two years later, the band followed up their debut with Last Train, another critical, though not commercial, success. Although Last Train charted, peaking at the #10 slot on Billboard's CCM chart, the album did not meet the sales expectations of the label, and the band was dropped from their roster. A review in CCM magazine found that although the band's sound had progressed, their lyrics had shifted from evangelicalism to a more ambiguous tone. Additionally, the band was criticised by some in Christian music for being a "crossover success" into the general market.

Once again, the band experienced personnel changes when Steven Patrick departed. The band quickly replaced Patrick with Seattle, WA vocalist Eric Wayne, who helped move the band into a grungier sound

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Steve Patrick

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.