doublev

Down for the 3rd time

Post by doublev »

Good Vain tune

[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Re: Down for the 3rd time

Post by poserboy71 »

I like Vain. I was walking down the street in L.A. about ten years ago and saw someone recognize Davy. It was kinda sad that he was still LIVING THE DREAM while hustling his bar gig.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

No question vain should have been huge. I think Davy looking like a transvestite may have been one of the only things along with the record label holding them back from being big. They had their own sound, like a cross between la guns, skid row and something else.
doublev

Post by doublev »

No question vain should have been huge. I think Davy looking like a transvestite may have been one of the only things along with the record label holding them back from being big. They had their own sound, like a cross between la guns, skid row and something else.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

All a question of timing - Vain were just a little too late to the scene.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
doublev

Post by doublev »

True but slaughter released their first record around the same time. I remember slaughters record which I was looking forward to but was really disapointed with came out when I lived in new Orleans and the superbowl was in new Orleans around the time it came out give or take a few days. (49ers v broncos).
doublev

Post by doublev »

Just checked it. Slaughter 1st record came out the day before the superbowl Jan 27 1990. Vains first record 6 months earlier in 1989.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Funny to think slaughter never existed in the 80s. I remember for about a year they were known as slaughterhouse . Best thing about that name was the drummer in my opinion.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Some demo people may not be familiar with. One of the most underrated bands ever. Scary how awesome they sound live. Note per note perfect.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.