Rush

Discuss other bands we like
poserboy71

Rush

Post by poserboy71 »

Rush- I bought the DVD "Beyond The Lighted Stage" yesterday and found it highly entertaining as well as finding myself really enjoying each guy's personality.

Geddy and Alex have been friends since early childhood and their bond is unmistakable.

Neil Peart could easily be viewed as a jackass if you look on the surface. He doesn't do meet-n-greets or many interviews, etc...
Neil explained that it is not to be rude but because it makes him feel uncomfortable receiving such praise and adulation .Neil went through two unthinkable deaths in the late 1990's and dealt with his loss by riding his motorcycle anywhere and everywhere it would take him. Neil actually rides a lot while on tour .He explained that he loved meeting new people and found great enjoyment in it. He said that most people don't recognize him and he prefers that.
Neil doesn't want the fan/artist relationship, he wants the REAL PEOPLE relationships.

I suggest picking up the DVD even if you aren't a huge Rush fan. I love watching documentaries like this when the "artists" show their human side. There is even a bonus clip where it shows recent footage of the guys joking during a drunken dinner- Very endearing to see the friendship and also the desire of the three to still be creative together.

Also, I suggest picking up Neil Peart's books. Ghost Rider will rip your heart out and somehow give you strength at the same time.

http://www.shakingthrough.net/books/rev ... r_2002.htm
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Re: Rush

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Sounds good to me.. I like Rush
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I like the music but can't stand Geddy's voice! Otherwise I would listen to them. DVD still sounds interesting though.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Rush happens to be playing at the "Q" Arena in Cleveland, Ohio tonight. My friend is in the fourth row. A fan brought 200 Groucho glasses for the fans near the stage. It should make for some good cinema because Rush is filming a live DVD tonight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You should be there too Rick!!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Things are tight baby !!! :D :D :D I wish. I would sneak in but they deserve my cash.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Should be on YouTube by tomorrow!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

[youtube][/youtube]

Rush is awesome. I love the song Free will.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.