Yeah Right

Discuss other bands we like
ozone73

Yeah Right

Post by ozone73 »

This is a band from the Quad Cities that is one of my all time favorites. They started out as a three peice and eventually added a keyboardist and second guitaist (for live shows only) and also changed their name to Alone. The singer/bassist is a female with an awesome voice. She's from Israel. As Yeah Right, they played more of a heavy style. As they changed their name to Alone, they seemed to get a little more pop sounding. But they were still good in my opinion. They broke up in 2002. The singer (Rinat) has a new band called Curious. She's hooked me up with cd's and stuff but her new music is a little too ... shall we say ... teeny booper for me.

This link provides a Real Audio of a Yeah Right song called "Burn." Not sure if it's still available to listen to.
http://www.metal-reviews.com/wxyz/yr-ne.htm

By the way, I really like the guitar playing of Steve Ripley in this band. Here are some photos of Yeah Right.
Attachments
Rinat
Rinat
Rinat16a.JPG (25.49 KiB) Viewed 597 times
Steve Ripley-guitar
Steve Ripley-guitar
Steve6.jpg (37.26 KiB) Viewed 597 times
(Left to Right) Steve Ripley-guitar ... Rinat-bass lead vocals ... Bryan West-drums
(Left to Right) Steve Ripley-guitar ... Rinat-bass lead vocals ... Bryan West-drums
yr1.jpg (23.89 KiB) Viewed 597 times
Settle the f*ck down, monkey tits!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Yeah Right

Post by Genebaby »

They seem cool, will check them out.
Commander in chief - VVF Army