New Tony MacAlpine album!

Discuss other bands we like
TheSage

New Tony MacAlpine album!

Post by TheSage »

So have any of you guys checked out Tony's new album? It's by far his best yet but don't get it if you're hoping for Maximum Security part two; this is more along the lines of Chromaticity and Violent Machine with heavier riffs and some Planet X influence. Check it out. :D
shramiac

Re: New Tony MacAlpine album!

Post by shramiac »

Real gentleman and a monster on keys and guitar! Very jealous of this guy!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I've never followed Tony though I do hear good things.

I don't listen to many of the shredders out there at all. Mainly Vinnie.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
TheSage

Post by TheSage »

shramiac wrote:Real gentleman and a monster on keys and guitar! Very jealous of this guy!!!
Definitely, he's a real talent! I like all of his albums but I prefer the post-Maximum Security stuff as it just sounds a bit more evolved to me.

@Genebaby- That's cool, the shred scene definitely isn't for everyone. :D I'm not really too into the newer shredders (Jeff Loomis, Rusty Cooley, anyone like that) as I think they more or less just copy the old Shrapnel guys. Vinnie (the other Vinnie, lol) Moore's latest album was cool, too. Alot more varied than his earlier stuff.
metatron

Post by metatron »

I like Rusty Cooley....His 7 string Dean guitar with the graphics is insane. His album was pretty good. All drum machine I say & he seems like a cool guy.

Vic get 'Maximum Security', soooo melodic, just beautiful to listen to. & George Lynch plays on it too.
:lol:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Rusty needs lessons on how to pick! :P :P :P
He's a MONSTER!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(